Aston Martin new car AM310 Vanquish returned

edited June 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 820
Well it I read in Autocar,Car Magazine & Auto Express. It will said Vanquish will return & replace DBS & may also replace DB9. Still powered with V12. After the original Vanquish faded away in 2007 or 08. Unveil in 2000.,11 years ago. Made many appearance in Film & TV shows beside DAD. I won't get my hope if Bond gets to drive in Bond 24. I hope so but I'm unlikely to sure. I think in may be unveil end of this year or Next year.
<a href="http://www.autocar.co.uk/">autocar

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    What I wanna know is, when can we buy an invisible one?
  • Agent7F wrote:
    Well it I read in Autocar,Car Magazine & Auto Express. It will said Vanquish will return & replace DBS & may also replace DB9. Still powered with V12. After the original Vanquish faded away in 2007 or 08. Unveil in 2000.,11 years ago. Made many appearance in Film & TV shows beside DAD. I won't get my hope if Bond gets to drive in Bond 24. I hope so but I'm unlikely to sure. I think in may be unveil end of this year or Next year.
    <a href="http://www.autocar.co.uk/">autocar

are you sure that they didn't just turn invisible :-)

• http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/29/aston-martin-unveils-am-310-concept-at-villa-deste/

Made for the Middle East and Far East Markets no doubt - that's why it's so blingy, chavvy and brutal looking. Nasty.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Wow. I would like them to make a step foreward, both in engine and design, for there's a lot of DB9 and Virage in there, but....wow. It's a looker, and that sound is just....wow. It isn't a car sound, more an old fighter plane.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 820
    Agent7F wrote:
    are you sure that they didn't just turn invisible :-)
    I just don't what talking about. What ever it is The car be coming soon. All you got to do read Autocar,Autoepress or Car Magazine to find out more. The official Aston Martin web won't view details. But I got my name down for email info. You can do the same.
    Okay THIS IS IN BOND 24!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Else
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 820
    Now another new Aston Martin got released. This time the convertible version of The V12 Vantage.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 820
    Well it was last night it true. I got the newsletter that new Aston Martin DBS replacement is Revived Vanquish. So the Vanquish has returned. So please welcome Back Vanquish.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/aston-martin-vanquish-uncovered.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,686
    It looks exactly the same as every AM made since 1997. they clearly are completly bankrupt in the 'new ideas' department.... I think it's time for someone to tell them to stop making the exact same car for 15 years ! they should quit making cars until they can think of a different design. I think I'm going to throw a balloon full of paint on the next Aston Martin I see.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I would disagree that it looks much the same. Especially in side-view there is a bold "shoulder" ascending to the rear wheel openings that we have not seen before in an AM, definitively a departure from the design language so far. It looks more roundish at the end, like a Jaguar. But at this stage any change is good, one can hardly tell the models from each other.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    zebrafish wrote:
    I would disagree that it looks much the same. Especially in side-view there is a bold "shoulder" ascending to the rear wheel openings that we have not seen before in an AM, definitively a departure from the design language so far. It looks more roundish at the end, like a Jaguar. But at this stage any change is good, one can hardly tell the models from each other.

That's the problem and the point DC is getting at. AM have not done anything radical to the style of their cars for years. They've not changed all that much since the DB7. Compare the DB5, DBS (OHMSS), Vantage (TLD), DB7, Lagonda & the Zagato. Those 6 cars had distinct looks.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Perhaps, but it still isn't as similar to all the Porsches ever produced. I think this one, seen from the side, the most beautiful car AM has ever produced. Also, the front and rear are distinctly different from the DB9,7,DBS and earlier Vanquish.

And put the DB2/4,5 and 6 on a row and you've got cars that look more similar to eachother than the AM's from the 7 on. And really, you're not telling me you can't see the difference between the one-77 and a DB9?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,686
    I think this one, seen from the side, the most beautiful car AM has ever produced.

You must give me the name of your occulist, because this car is quite dull, dare I say ugly.
    And really, you're not telling me you can't see the difference between the one-77 and a DB9?

No, I'm saying the difference between them is almost non-existent.
    I think this one, seen from the side, the most beautiful car AM has ever produced.

You must give me the name of your occulist,
    You do understand that this is just an insult, don't you?

It looks exactly the same as every AM made since 1997. they clearly are completly bankrupt in the 'new ideas' department.... I think it's time for someone to tell them to stop making the exact same car for 15 years ! they should quit making cars until they can think of a different design. I think I'm going to throw a balloon full of paint on the next Aston Martin I see.

A. Cygnet
    B. Every 911 lookes the same since the '60's.
    C. They are butiful cars.
    D. Also all the BMW coupe range looks the same.
    And really, you're not telling me you can't see the difference between the one-77 and a DB9?

No, I'm saying the difference between them is almost non-existent.
    E. The one-77 has more curved has more air intakes, thosese tear drop lines around the headlights and has a LED light rim around the head light. DB9 looks more bloted, has less air inatkes and no LED rim.
    Although I know I never get one but I hope to get diecast version of this Aston Martin revived Vanquish. Never trash Minichamps they release by Bond 24. I wait which Diecast company develop it. Spark is most likely to do Scale1:43. I got the Italian made original Aston Martin Vanquish Bburago. & Scale 1:43 by IXO. We have to wait & see next year of the diecast versions.
    Virage wrote:
    B. Every 911 lookes the same since the '60's.
    D. Also all the BMW coupe range looks the same.
    Perhaps, but it still isn't as similar to all the Porsches ever produced.

The argument of "another brand does it" doesn't really work though. Just because other cars look the same, it doesn't mean AM should get a pass on it.
    Perhaps, but to all major Western brands it is normal to have cars wih recognisable features that make them theirs. You immediately know it if you see an audi, even if you've never seen that particular model ever before. Same goes for at least all European brands, and many American ones as well. Then many GT's have similar features, becouse they are GT's. So within that limited space perhaps Aston could have made more changes, but they're surely not the most boring manufacturer. And as has been said before, the One-77 is a distinctly differently shaped car.

I personally do like the ' evolution' AM use in their design The latest adaptation, the Vanquish, is definately a long way away from the DB7. Perhaps with the Rapide they should have differed the design more, as it is clearly in a different league, but that's the only one they ought to have done differently to my mind.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 820
    Well it been 2 year ago it was released. The Aston Martin Return Vanquish. But 1 thing no diecast car company like Minichamp or IXO aren't developing the diecast model either 1:43 or Scale 1:18. There is a scale 1;8 but that to expensive. Just to hope it will be 007 next car in Bond 24.
    Yep it has been released The Volante version of the Vanqish
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/aston-martin-volante-unveiled. It looks like all of the 2 door Aston Martin model got Volante Version including Vantages model & DB9.
This discussion has been closed.