Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011)

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited March 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 15,690
There are reports from ABC News that she has died. Just heard about it on Twitter.

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 19,339
    Wow that's big news - do they know what she died from DC007 ?

EDIT : heart failure.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Sad news! A legend passes away. She will be remembered as one of the greats.
    R.I.P.
    Rest In Peace
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quite a shock indeed. Thanks for everything Liz.

RIP.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Wow. I'm stunned. Another of the silver screen's legends leaves us. A true icon of cinema and one of the greats. RIP LIz.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    News like this scares me about the Bond legends too. They really need to all get together for the 2012 50th anniversary before it's too late. Roger and Sean aren't getting any younger.

If we could get a 2012 picture of all the Bonds together I'd blow it up and frame it.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    edited March 2011 Posts: 380
    I'm more shocked that Liz lived this long. She packed a lot into her first 50 or so years and in the last 10, it's been a bit uncomfortable to watch her on all her meds and such. She's had a ton of surgeries and medical issues. It was nice to read that she was with her kids though. I'm sad reading that people died away from estranged family.

This is exraordinary beauty....

I have at least six aunts and uncles and one grandma older than 79... and a dozen more in their 70s. About the time all the Bond stars go, I'll be burying my dad's older brothers and sisters monthly. :(
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    We lost a true legend today. RIP Elizabeth.
    May she rest in peace (something she needs after 8 marriages :X )

She was truly something special and a very beautifull lady as well.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    What an iconic woman... this marks the end of an era.

RIP.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Rest in Peace. She was a great actress and truly an icon after her role of Cleopatra. I am quite shocked
    she is one of greatest,maybe even the greatest actress in 20th century (i would rank Grace Kelly here too :) ) why she didnt acted in Bond movie?

RIP
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 823
    another Screen Legend, gone!

:-((

Not very many left!

:-(

Sophia Loren, Clint Eastwood, Sir Sean Connery, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro....

R.I.P. Liz!!

:X :*
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    When you stop and think about it, there were few Hollywood greats greater than Liz.

RIP

If anyone's interested (shameless plugging), here's the tribute to her on my blog...
    http://georgesjournal.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/international-violet-elizabeth-taylor-1933-2011/
  • Quoting St_George: When you stop and think about it, there were few Hollywood greats greater than Liz.

RIP
    Agreed. She was classic Hollywood - fantastic actress, stunning looks and a heart of gold. Certainly the last big female icon. RIP Dame Elizabeth.