Where's the MI6 jubilee street party?

edited June 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 11,425
Time to put out some bunting and trestle tables?

Comments

i will come! Will bring Guiness, Jack Daniels and nibbles! :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Why is this news?
    Getafix this isn't the first time I've mentioned this to you. It's either laziness or you simply can't be bothered to place topics in the appropriate catergory, which is rather arrogant.
    Well, dunno where you live, but it's in the news where I am.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    News, means Bond news. If you view by the categories option, there's a description of what each section contains.

For 'News' it's, "News, rumours and upcoming events in the world of James Bond".
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/aussie-rowers-to-lead-jubilee-river-pageant/story-fn907478-1226381901815#ixzz1wjWtZHM4

Music ranging from the national anthem and chiming bells, to Bollywood tunes and the famous James Bond theme will blare from boats and the Thames flood barrier will be closed to ensure calm waters.
    Lets hope they recreate the PTS of TWINE.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm watching now on BBC America. Pretty cool stuff.
    Getafix wrote:
    Lets hope they recreate the PTS of TWINE.

I'm sure the Queen would love that! =)) I know I would.
    Classic English weather!
    I'm going to Beaulieu on Tuesday (the actual jubilee day itself) :D
    Tomorrow will be a better day too! Now, that's classic.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Nice.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    AussieBond wrote:

This was great! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to have been there or at least been able to watch some.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    There's no theme like it. It can't ever sound bad, played like that.

Thanks for the video.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I was wondering when the video was showing up. I followed the Flotilla live on BBC and they were saying the Bond theme was one of the songs being played but I didn't hear it! Thanks for the video.
    Diamonds Are Forever sung by Shirley Bassey, right now.
    AussieBond wrote:

Superb!!!! Thanks for sharing with us who were unable to get down there!
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Now, we have Live And Let Die sung by Paul McCartney.

Two Bond themes, a good showing for 007 I must say.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Now, we have Live And Let Die sung by Paul McCartney.

Two Bond themes, a good showing for 007 I must say.

Indeed. My thoughts exactly. God save the Queen and long live the Queen and Bond!!!!

• Saw the show, hearing the 2 bond songs put a big smile on my face, makes me want to watch a bond film.
    No worries everyone. Just to make it clear i was not there i just found the video on you-tube after i watched the coverage and didn't hear the theme.
    i just found the bond themes at the concert.

Good on ya Dame Shirley Bassey and Sir Paul McCartney! Classic timeless songs! :-bd
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    LALD for the finale raising the roof.

Have EON missed a trick by not releasing SF this weekend and jumping on the patriotic bandwagon?
    Its going to be a whole summer of petriotism
    Underneath all the flagwaving and pageantry of the 1 billion quid Jubilee is something rather unpleasant

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed?commentpage=5#start-of-comments
    actonsteve wrote:
    Underneath all the flagwaving and pageantry of the 1 billion quid Jubilee is something rather unpleasant

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed?commentpage=5#start-of-comments

Don't you have some placements going on your basement reeducation programme? I'm sure these guys could help out with the waterboarding and thumbscrews.

Actonsteve reeducation programme apprentice: 'Now, one more time, what's wrong with QoS?'

Fun-loving Bond heretic: 'Nothing! Absolutely nothing! It's a laugh a minute. Perfect. Work of genius! So good that Bourne had to rip it off!'

Actonsteve: 'Well done. Now next time you'll know better than to ask for more laughs!'

• edited June 2012 Posts: 940
    The James Bond theme blasting off that boat as it passed my balcony party was incredible.

As well as Shirley and Macca performing Bond themes at the Jubilee Concert, there were other notable Bond allumini present. Tom Jones performed, as did Grace Jones!

Renee Fleming (who the host said was James Bond writer Ian Fleming's daughter) performed twice, later a duet on a balcony of Buckingham Palace. Incredible stuff.

She is not Ian Flemings daughter.