Hamilton: In the interest of the Nation (2012)

edited June 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 3,167
Just released on DVD and Blu-Ray.
This was a great watch. Sort of a swedish James Bond. The character is based on a series of novels by author Jan Gilleou.
Trailer:

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Does this have anything to do with the Hamilton films made in 1998 & 2001?

EDIT
    Turn out it does, same character. I don't suppose this new one would also star Lena Olin? ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like Lena Olin. :) But anyway, I'd love to watch these but I don't see how. Sigh ...
    The new Hamilton movie is great! Of course the action is not on par with Bond but for a Swedish movie it's top of the game. Persbrandt is a fine actor and soon we can all see him in The Hobbit!
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 268
    In the interest of the nation is fucking horrible. It's like watching trees move. Persbrant is also a terrible actor (although not as bad in this one I have to admit) when he's not on the stage. He cant "movie-act", all he does is emote like in the theater where the persons sitting in the back has to see and hear what happens. He hasnt understood that in movies, you dont need to do that. The word subtlety isnt in his register.

No, international forum members, take a look at the 90s Hamilton film with Peter Stormare instead. Way WAY batter. Trailer for that one:

In this one, things actually happen and characters actually have emotions.