Anthony Horowitz & William Boyd talk Bond

edited June 2012 in Literary 007 Posts: 267
Fellow Agents,
Horowitz & Boyd both talked about the literary Bond on last nights UK Newsnight program.
It is still available on iplayer and is well worth a watch.
I was particularly struck by Horowitz's knowledge, enthusiasm and understanding of the character. For those of you that don't know him, he is the author that did the fabulous new Sherlock Holmes book - "The House Of Silk" and the Alex Rider series and would be a great choice to write a Bond book -as would Charlie Higson.
Less impressive was the Fleming estate's most recent actual choice, William Boyd, who frankly came across as "going through the motions" and was very reminiscent of the stuffy Sebastian Faulks when he was interviewed during the writing process. I do hope we aren't going to have another turkey!
Regards,
Bentley

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,598
    "Less impressive was the Fleming estate's most recent actual choice, William Boyd, who frankly came across as "going through the motions" and was very reminiscent of the stuffy Sebastian Faulks when he was interviewed during the writing process. I do hope we aren't going to have another turkey!"

I have to say, it's hard for one to stay hopeful these days. This goes for the books and films. SF might very well be too lighthearted for a Craig Bond film, and the new book, bland and unmemorable, just like DMC and CB.