Wing-suited skydiver Gary Connery jumps 2,400ft without parachute

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Shame this has never featured in a Bond film. Some of the low flying wingsuit footage is incredible. Bond flying under enemy radar or something.
    The ideal chance for it wouldve been the HALO in TND or the PTS of DAD rather than the surfing.
    The lame CGI personalised jets in DAD would have also done nicely.

Alas I think they have missed the boat now as everyone has seen this now. A long way from back in the day Cubby buying the rights to a new stunt so no one would see it before the release date.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I've read in several articles that he already worked on a Bond movie, but couldn't find any, not even on IMDb.

xxx
    I've never heard of him and with that name the Sun wouldve been unable to resist a 'Connery to star in new Bond film' headline.
    That stunt is just...shocking...positively shocking.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Love it! How great was that to watch. Gary Connery for the next Bond film, then.
    That was something else! A touch of madness and bravery which payed off! Rather him than me!
    Amazing.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Wow, pretty amazing to be able to hit that 'landing spot'.
    The world press keep saying this guy was in a Bond movie, a Batman movie and an Indiana Jones movie. Anyone know this?

xxx
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Judging by imdb, he was a stunt performer in 'Batman Begins', 'Kingdom of the crystal skull', 'Band of Brothers' and 'harry potter and the chamber of secrets'.... couldn't find anything about his Bond work.
    Surely then he featured in the opening sky diving stunt?
    Getafix wrote:

What, precisely, is the opening sky diving stunt in DAD? No wonder I've never heard of the bloke if his work is left on the cutting room floor.
    Getafix wrote:

What, precisely, is the opening sky diving stunt in DAD? No wonder I've never heard of the bloke if his work is left on the cutting room floor.

Don't they jump out of a plane at the start of DAD?