­Harris/Moneypenny

edited May 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 503
I for one haven't discounted the possibility, even if there isn't very strong evidence for it yet. The original news rumors had to stem from somewhere. As crazy as the tabloids are, I have doubts that they would have just conjured this up out of nothing. Seeing how secretive everything has been regarding Skyfall, it wouldn't surprise me if this secret is being guarded as long as possible. Especially if the revelation of Moneypenny is only to occur at the very end of the film.

For me the biggest indication for me that she could be Moneypenny is the the return of Q. If Moneypenny is not in Skyfall, it will be the first Bond film to feature Q without her, and only the second film to feature one without the other (first being Live and Let Die).

Harris has made two, seemingly contradictory, quotes about Moneypenny recently:

January 2012 — “The idea of me being Moneypenny was a good, racy rumour. But Eve is not remotely office-bound. She gets to see plenty of action” (source)

March 2012 — “There will certainly be some exotic locations, but as Miss Moneypenny I’ll probably get no further than Pinewood Studios!” (source 1) (source 2)

It's interesting to note that in her January statement, she does not in fact deny being Moneypenny. She just says it was a good rumor and that Eve is not office-bound. So what? That doesn't mean she's not Moneypenny, it could just mean that MP isn't office-bound in Skyfall. Clearly she was trying to avoid confirming or denying anything. The March statement could either be a mistake from her, a mistake by the copyeditor, or an unintentional slip on her part.

Thoughts?

(Mods, can you add a poll?)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    OH NOT THIS AGAIN. Does anyone else realize there are literally dozens of threads like this? Eve isn't MP, end of story. :|
    You don't and can't know that. I've provided my evidence and reasoning for the very real possibility that she is... you have your opinion.
    Bond wrote:
    You don't and can't know that. I've provided my evidence and reasoning for the very real possibility that she is... you have your opinion.

Yes but you've done in the wrong place my friend. You'll either be shot down by dozens of members or this thread will be closed, all within the next few hours.

I bid you good luck, adieu.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Prepare for disappointment then. The first quote is a joke by Harris, and the theory of MP leaving her desk is implausible and something Mendes wouldn't rightly do. The second quote us simply Harris saying "if I was MP, I'd get no further from Pinewood Studios. 2 sources out of three come from a less than reputable site who for all our money have likely twisted or misunderstood Naomie's statement, leaving the third and final source to be nothing but a travel log at a time where Harris had likely no idea what was in store for her character. Regardless, we shall see who gets to say "I told you so". Once it hits theaters in the US @Bond, I'll send you the correspondence.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 503
    Regardless, we shall see who gets to say "I told you so". Once it hits theaters in the US @Bond, I'll send you the correspondence.
    It's on :>
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 624
    Good god this just won't die.

Why is there yet another thread about this?

Eve is not Moneypenny.
    I wasn't aware there had been that many threads, nor that this was such a hot button rage-inducing issue to most people. Especially considering there's no conclusive evidence to prove she isn't going to be a rebooted Moneypenny.
    How about the fact that Harris has said she isn't Moneypenny?
    No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, and Doctor No. Not this again! (whacks head on key board)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sorry @Bond I don't think we need a poll for this and we can still chat about MP in other threads. ;)

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/321/q-miss-moneypenny-must-return/p1#Item_31
This discussion has been closed.