Robin Gibb Dies at 62

KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
edited May 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,629
Robin Gibb becomes the second icon of the disco era to die of cancer within the last few days (Donna Summer having passed a few days ago).

Barry Gibb is the last surviving Bee Gee. RIP Robin.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/20/showbiz/robin-gibb-dies/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Comments

RIP
  • RIP. The Bee Gees were a group that I thought I always got a bad rep for because they were disco when disco was becoming unpopular.
  • Welp. He couldn't stay alive.

RIP Robin. You will be missed.
    I'll be honest, I was never a fan of their music, but they were good musicians. Only one survivor of the original group now which is sad whichever way you look at it. My sympathies to his immediate family and all who knew him. another significant loss for the music industry the last few days. RIP

BeeGees191.gif
    I first became a fan of The Bee Gees because Steve McQueen - one of my heroes - loved them. Very sad to hear of Robin's passing. RIP.
    RIP Robin. Another iconic singer/songwriter lost. Very sad. So many fantastic tunes.
    Gutted at this like i was when Maurice died a few years ago. Such an iconic band and song writers for other well known performers.

RIP Robin Gibb.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RIP Robin Gibb. I first heard of his cancer a few months ago, I couldn't believe it. Such a shame he's goned. Love the Bee gee's music.
    Sad part of this all is that the oldest is the one who's still living - and that's Andy included.