Who do you think Bond should be

edited May 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 12,837
Basically, how do you think the part should be played, his personality, etc.

For me, Bond should be a secret agent with one or two gadgets, who cracks the odd joke, but can also beat the crap out of anyone in a fight and can rely on his wits, he is also human, he gets beaten up, he bleeds, etc. He also should have a darker, more personal side as well as a light hearted side. There has to be a balance, I don't want too realistic or you lose the whole Bond feeling, but I don't want too much OTT stuff either.

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    That's basically it for me too @thelivingroyale.
  • I agree as well, but I like a serious Bond. However, there has to be some fun involved.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited May 2012 Posts: 8,037

Bond to me, should be a man who enjoys the finer things in life. Women, cigarettes, fine booze, nice cars with some nice "optional extras". He can crack a joke and spout the one liners, but switch from light to serious in a heartbeat, being able to kill without hesistation or remorse. Connery did this exceptionally well although his look doesn't really match the Bond I imagine in my head, the next one would be Dalton, who was really good at the cold blooded stuff, his portrayal in TLD is pretty close, but he was a bit awkward in some of the lighter scenes. Brosnan showed glimpses of these features too, but I would have preferred if they had given him more. Craig is pretty good too, I haven't fully accepted him in the role yet, but I have a feeling Skyfall will change that.

But anyway, that's who Bond should be in my opinion. A damaged man who is unaware he's damaged. A cold, ruthless killer who can still love like a Casanova.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Bond should be a cold and calculating killer, ruthless in his methods, and have the mind of an expert spy who knows the tradecraft backwards and forwards. He needs to have responsibility in the field, and work loyally and diligently to protect England and to honor the Secret Service. Women are simple pleasures that he shouldn't get attached to during the job, and should best leave them until after the mission is completed, and he must be in tip top physical condition to handle the variety of challenges thrown at him during hazardous missions. He must be charming or expediently violent by any means to attain the information that keeps the motherland safe, and he must always be focused on the objective ahead and its full completion. His methods in the field must be equally logical and covert, and must become a shadow to wreak subterfuge on the enemy. He must use his 00 status with honor, and always protect that identity while using his licence to kill only when no options are left available.