Craig - overrated?

edited May 2012 in Actors Posts: 11,425
I don't mean this as a heavy criticism of DC, as I like him as Bond and am looking forward to SF, but is it possible that he has been slightly over-hyped? I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo last night and was underwhelmed. I didn't like the book either, which doesn't help, but I did feel DC is just a little dull. He seems to lack a little spark - charisma perhaps - that would make him truly excellent. His Bond is solid and has a nice mix of danger and physicality but I felt with both CR and QoS that something was missing. I put it down to the stories and the lack of humour, but now wonder if it wasn't DC himself? I'm almost beginning to feel he resembles Lazenby - looks good, convinces with the physical stuff, has a definite strong screen presence but is ultimately a little bit ome dimensional. Not bad, so much as not as good as he could be.

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,012
    I'm pretty sure there was another link for this but my answer it no, he is not overrated. By the way I loved The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (but then again I loved the book) and I think Craig carries the whole film on his back so that Rooney Mara can shine even more.

EDIT: found the thread, I guess this one is gonna be closed soon: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2189/craig-is-a-little-bit-overrated/p1
    I think he was GREAT in CR and, the more I watch it the more I enjoy him. BUT with QoS I felt he was a LITTLE underwhelming but still did what he could with the material.

I think with Craig he has a "lone wolf" quality about him and a cocky, arrogant streak as well as ana brutal edge. So..no, I don't think he's over-rated despite being slightly disappointed with QoS.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thanks sandy. By all means repost in the link provided.

tumblr_lj42a2rOgL1qe3kfyo1_500.gif

Thread: terminated.

This discussion has been closed.