The Dark Knight 550.00 viewers, worse Dutch tv premiere ever !!

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited March 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,459
Yester day 21 March 2011 whas the Dutch tv premiere of The Dark Knight, almost 3 years after the release in 2008.
But the movie be the worse tv premiere ever with only 550.00 viewers.

Note:
- The movie been cut for 1 minuut to give the movie the Dutch PG13 rank 12+ what it made it possible to give the movie at 08.30 PM. Offical the movie having a Dutch R rank 16+ and should get the movie a 10.00 PM time.
- With 2 years and 8 months, almost 3 years before it get his Dutch tv premiere. Those days that is very long, but Warner don't give permission to give it earlier and possible be responsible that the movie get the 08.30 time and the format. The movie original supost to be release as 16+ movie at the end of 2008 on Veronica (the third channel of the same company) and later as 16+ movie on Saturday 12 March with a news program in between.
- 20.30-23.26 include 5 comercials, made it a extra long sit with a movie who already be very slow,
- Since a whyle the channel send 2:35:1 movies from Warner in the original format with burn widescreen option. This means you get something simalar as with the Super-Man Returns premiere,but also on 16:9 tv it is not possible to yuse the zoom function what you normaly can do with the dvd. Stil be people with a 4:3 tv where it be worse.
- The movie not be the moost 2008 succesfull movie in The Netherlands that be Mamma Mia and QOS. On the edge the movie wins from The Kite Runner.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm not surprised as most people will have already seen it. By the way nice to have you here @M_Balje.
    Being one of the biggest films on DVD and Blu-Ray cant imagine many tuning in for a film they own, but with joyous ads!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I can't stand watching films on TV. What with all the commercials and all?! Some TV channels still pick a different aspect ratio by the way. They go from 2.39 to 1.85 or - worse - 1.33! :O
    I indeed think that the movie sold very well on dvd & bluray, most folks who wanted to see it saw it I guess. Then there is the competition Voetbal International at the same time which is very popular with men, and also at the same time on another channel the new Hawaii O Five and new episode from NCIS LA. Both were more interesting options than the Dark Knight, the one Batman movie I have not been able to see completely since my first viewing in cinema.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited March 2014 Posts: 5,080
    550 viewers? cpmon nowe that is too low for this film...Thank you MBalje. I got put in the brig soon after TDKR release for a non-violent crime

I believe it's 550 000 viewers.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    No, 55,000.
  • XXXXXX Banned