The brand new guess the character

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Not Tanner.
    Patricia Fearing?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0013 wrote:
    Patricia Fearing?

No.
    Sorry to interrupt...

but I just noticed Bond has a ally names 'Tanner' and an ally named 'Leiter'.. and Letier is almost always has a darker tan than Tanner..

So which is it Mr. Bond?

ANYWAYS;
    The chick at the beginning of Thunderball who helps Bond out with the jetpack?
    (I'm quite confident.. that I'm wrong.)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Sorry to interrupt...

but I just noticed Bond has a ally names 'Tanner' and an ally named 'Leiter'.. and Letier is almost always has a darker tan than Tanner..

So which is it Mr. Bond?

ANYWAYS;
    The chick at the beginning of Thunderball who helps Bond out with the jetpack?
    (I'm quite confident.. that I'm wrong.)
    Not "the chick".
    :P
    I'm trying to establish the relation with Abbey Road... there's Octopuss Garden, but Octopussy might be to literal... am I right?
    0013 wrote:
    I'm trying to establish the relation with Abbey Road... there's Octopuss Garden, but Octopussy might be to literal... am I right?

That's for you to determine! >:)
    Well, I won't get that go away...
    Could it be Miss Octopussy?
    0013 wrote:
    Well, I won't get that go away...
    Could it be Miss Octopussy?

No. I think it has been said anyway.
    My last shot: is it Magda?
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    0013 wrote:
    My last shot: is it Magda?

It's a miss.
    All right, I won't waste more of your time answering my attemps... But I'll keep thinking in the connection with The Beatles.
    0013 wrote:
    All right, I won't waste more of your time answering my attemps... But I'll keep thinking in the connection with The Beatles.

Yes, please don't give up. Sherlock wouldn't want you to. ;)

DooFi_Consulting_detective_with_pipe_and_magnifying_glass_silhouette_.png
  • Seems to have gone quiet on this thread. Tough round, but I'll have a shot in the dark. Eric Kriegler?
    Seems to have gone quiet on this thread. Tough round, but I'll have a shot in the dark. Eric Kriegler?

Not Kriegler.
  • I'm not going to waste much time tonight, but is it the pilot from the opening sequence of Moonraker, that Bond steals the parachute from ?
    I'm not going to waste much time tonight, but is it the pilot from the opening sequence of Moonraker, that Bond steals the parachute from ?

Nope.
  • 'what if Bond was bi-sexual' ... I missed that, answering another thread

Heh, when are people going to stop these nonsense scenarios, that seem to be coming in right and left now ? It's only ever going down a one-way alley

I'll have another attempt while we're at it, and go with Honey Ryder, but even I can't quite see who this can truly be

'what if Bond was bi-sexual' ... I missed that, answering another thread

Heh, when are people going to stop these nonsense scenarios, that seem to be coming in right and left now ? It's only ever going down a one-way alley

I'll have another attempt while we're at it, and go with Honey Ryder, but even I can't quite see who this can truly be

Nope.

I will repost all the clues and the characters it isn't next evening. Cheers.
  • It's not the clues and characters mentioned that are the problem, it doesn't take much to look them up, but we could use some more pointers on this ?

People are just going to say random names that haven't been hitherto mentioned, without giving any thought to the clues at hand I'm thinking now, if not done already

I don't know who this can be, I truly don't, so don't want to give out any character without due care and thought and it's too late for rational thinking, so will try again at a later date

PS As a resident of Penn state, I hope you'll be cheering us on Sunday. It could be after all, basically a 'home win' where you are, and if we are to do it, we could use some extra support etc

Goodnight
    It's not the clues and characters mentioned that are the problem, it doesn't take much to look them up, but we could use some more pointers on this ?

People are just going to say random names that haven't been hitherto mentioned, without giving any thought to the clues at hand I'm thinking now, if not done already

I don't know who this can be, I truly don't, so don't want to give out any character without due care and thought and it's too late for rational thinking, so will try again at a later date

PS As a resident of Penn state, I hope you'll be cheering us on Sunday. It could be after all, basically a 'home win' where you are, and if we are to do it, we could use some extra support etc

Goodnight

I think the way you do it (rapid fire clues) prompts more guessing than my way to be truthful. How I do it is I give little tastes here and there, where every clue isn't just a quick sentence that just references a little thing about the answer. Every clue I give is itself a huge bunch of riddles. Some clues can be taken two ways, overs negate past clues and make you think how it could be possible, and sometimes they are winks to things about Bond history that you really have to be brushed up on to catch. I think making the clues as meaty as possible while giving them here and there not only promotes a less insuperable load to those trying to crack this great mystery, but more careful thought as smaller number of clues are much easier to pick apart and think over in comparison to a mountainous number that is too much to look at and focus attention on. It takes this game overboard and less fun, more pick and choose than applying deduction and reason.

And, I won't be watching the Super Bowl.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ok, jumping into this one way late.

I am guessing the Abbey Road mention is re Paul McCartney and therefore I think this character may be in Live and Let Die. Am I right on that?
    Anyway, my guess is: TeeHee.
    Ok, jumping into this one way late.

I am guessing the Abbey Road mention is re Paul McCartney and therefore I think this character may be in Live and Let Die. Am I right on that?
    Anyway, my guess is: TeeHee.

I think Tee Hee has been said. As I mentioned, I will update this soon to let everyone see all the clues and who has already been guessed. Anything to heighten the ease.

I do like your attention to that specific clue, a very crucial one indeed. Keep sniffing, as it is nice to see you here in the fray, Ms. @4EverBonded. ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks, 0Brady. I didn't see TeeHee listed but then I was reading pretty fast.

I am going to ponder more about LALD; one of my favs. Back shortly with another guess.
    It isn't Tee Hee, just to clarify. :)
  • and still we go on

Is it Carl Mortner from A View to a Kill ?

Most likely not, but one or two of the clues did add up

Not Mortner.

Here's a recap for those wondering who has and hasn't been said along with all the clues:

1.) An honor was bestowed that can never be given to another.

2.) You will find no dental services offered here.

3.) Boss hates loose ends.

4.) Try, try, try again if you don't at first succeed.

5.) Bond may not seem to like The Beatles, but Abbey Road is spectacular, it must be said.

6.) It is never wise to disappoint a pretty face.

7.) Bond looks stylish, but he isn't dressed for the right occasion.

8.) Acknowledgement isn't easy to get around here, is it?

9.) Curiosity killed the cat.

And here are all the wrong guesses thus far:

Dr. Tynan
    Jaws
    Pussy Galore
    Krest Bullion
    Vladimir Popov
    Patrice
    Silva
    Professor Dent
    Tee Hee
    Mr. Big
    Peter Franks
    Dario
    M
    Solitaire
    Roger Moore's Bond
    Domino
    Tracy
    Mr. Kidd
    Oddjob
    Mr. Wint
    Boris Grishenko
    Koskov
    Verity
    Telly Savalas's Blofeld
    Dolly
    Miss Moneypenny
    Dr. Goodhead
    Jill Masterson
    Stamper
    Bibi
    Tilly Masterson
    Zukovsky
    George Lazenby's 007
    Christmas Jones
    Kerim Bey
    Gobinda
    Strawberry Fields
    Dr. No
    Octopussy
    Red Grant
    Sir Hilary Bray
    Irma Bunt
    Daniel Craig's 007
    Mr. Vicenzo
    Francisco Scaramanga
    Campbell
    Rosa Klebb
    Ho Yi
    Clair Dowar
    Blofeld's cat
    Blofeld's double
    Blofeld
    Dryden
    Eve
    Mallory
    Vesper
    Plenty
    Tiffany
    Severine
    Sylvia
    Kutze
    Quist
    Francois Derval
    Aki
    Angelo
    Kristatos
    Zao
    Goldfinger's airplane hostess
    Shady Tree
    Old lady murdered in DAF
    Tanner
    Pat Fearing
    Girl from TB PTS
    Magda
    Eric Kriegler
    Pilot from MR PTS
    Honey Ryder
    Mortner

• Look at all those wrong answers...

I think we've got more there than the Adam character I did from last year, but I don't know..

This is difficult because, the clues seem to be going off in different directions, and there's no straight path to a right answer

I've got my mind on other things, so this is damn difficult right now

Is the last clue a reference to that British music group from the 1980s I'm thinking, or one of their songs, but don't give anything away

The more I study this, the more perplexed I become

Hell, I'm going to say Adam again - at least it hasn't been mentioned of all things
    Not Adam.
  • chamutakramchamutakram Dallas
    I think I have it, but I can't commit to keep the game going on if I'm right.