"Mr. Connery, where have you been?"

edited May 2012 in Actors Posts: 1,497
I've been checking the news for Sean Connery for over the past year now, and there seems to be nothing to report on him. He seems to have disappeared from the press! There was an article on his starring role in the Scottish animated film Sir Billi. But otherwise nothing from him. All we seem to know is he's enjoying retirement with his wife Micheline in the Bahamas, with rumors of him experiencing some health issues. I also heard that he is in the Bahamas for tax reasons as well?? Anyhow, I know I speak for all of us hear and wish he is doing well. He seems to be all but through with the movie business. It would be nice to see him take part of the 50th Celebrations but that also seems unlikely.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He is in the Bahamas awaiting Scotland's independence. That's at least one reason. I would love for Sean to come back to film, especially with a final Bond cameo, but it is very very unlikely. I wish him the best, and I just have to come to terms that even legends need their rest. He's certainly earned it.
    I know what you mean. Even though I have been more of a Roger Moore fan, I always enjoyed Sean's performances. I know what a treat it was for me when Rog did a rare performance in a Christmas movie last year. I wish Sean would take a page out of Roger's book and answer questions from fans every month on his web site, like Roger does. That would be a treat too.
    He is just a normal person (even though he was a great actor and who is rich) is getting older like all of us,in his case in his 80's who has retired from showbusiness.
    He is a different person to roger and that's the way it is.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    he plays golf everyday, and I am happy he is doing something he loves.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,686
    'Mr Sean Connery, you have....... changed ?'

'It's the car !'

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Hasn't he retired from his offical buisness? I think he did his last appearance in the press last year.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited May 2012 Posts: 7,891
    Love that ad. From what I've read I don't thik he is in the best health.
    Call me immature, but when I read the thread title, I immediately thought of this:

AVtaK_283.jpg
    You're immature.

Sorry, you walked into that one. #-o
  • Isn't he retired from acting? I'd love to see a roundtable of all the bond actors talking about the man they played.
    Those wanting to know where Connery has been and what he looks like, here's a news item from today's paper...

He was once the king of suave during his time as super spy James Bond.
    But one time 007 Sean Connery is now enjoying himself away from the spotlight as he laps up his time off.
    He stepped out in New York yesterday as he wore his trousers high up.
    Embracing the ageing process: Former James Bond star Sean Connery steps out in New York looking elderly in high-waisted trousers
    Unrecognisable: The Hollywood star, 81, stepped out for a stroll in a checked shirt and sun hat
    Sean blended into the crowds as he went for a stroll, but at 81 he looked well as he fully embraces the ageing process.
    The Hollywood star, who took on the iconic role in movies including From Russia With Love and Goldfinger, opted for a checked shirt and a sun hat as he made his way around the Big Apple.
    He teamed his outfit up with some beige trousers and some brown leather shoes.
    Long gone are his slick suits and dapper style, as Connery seemed happy to dress down.
    The actor carried a plastic bag as he ran errands around Manhattan, while he displayed a grey moustache.
    It's been 50 years since he first appeared as the handsome agent James Bond this year, when he debuted in 1962's Dr. No.
    He then went on to film other Bond movies including You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2146743/Sean-Connery-enjoys-time-away-spotlight-runs-errands-New-York.html

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sean was getting active too, that is another good sign. The chances of him coming to the big 50 celebration has increased. >:D<