Any chance the Queen has a cameo in Skyfall?

edited May 2012 in News Posts: 2,189
http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10150&t=mi6&s=news

Sure, this ^ report of Bond being knighted may be about opening the Olympics, but could it be that the filming that went on at Buckingham Palace was also for Skyfall? Maybe a short scene after credits type of thing? Would seem fitting that for Bond’s 50th anniversary the Queen would finally make an appearance on screen, even if it’s only a brief cameo.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I'd like to think there is a chance, yes. It would be wonderful, what with 2012 having it's three big events for the UK and all that.

But this can be discussed in the below thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2786/daniel-craig-to-open-olympics/p3#Item_87
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Zero. If you want to see a queen in a Bond movie you'll have to stick to DAF.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The queen herself will appear in the Bond short-film for the Olympics... no indication if she will appear in the actual Skyfall film though
  • The queen herself will appear in the Bond short-film for the Olympics... no indication if she will appear in the actual Skyfall film though

I think the Queen appearing in Skyfall would be like Thatcher appearing For Your Eyes Only...it dates the film to some extent
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 11,425
    The queen herself will appear in the Bond short-film for the Olympics... no indication if she will appear in the actual Skyfall film though

Is that Mr Kidd or Mr Wint?
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350

I think the Queen appearing in Skyfall would be like Thatcher appearing For Your Eyes Only...it dates the film to some extent

I've got no problem with that. Each film is set in the 'now' anyway. Bond has served the Queen from day one so I think this case is a little different.
    Hang on, so is the Olympic thing happening now? I thought Craig or Dench or somebody had said that they hadn't heard anything about it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Getafix wrote:

I beg your pardon ?
    Hang on, so is the Olympic thing happening now? I thought Craig or Dench or somebody had said that they hadn't heard anything about it.

It appears to be happening, yes :)

Check the other thread I linked to. New intel seems to suggest something may be happening.
    Getafix wrote:

I beg your pardon ?

That is what is called in the trade, an extremely lame joke.

I assume you are referring to HM the Queen.
  • Isn't the whole Bond going to see the Queen a bit like Simon Cowell going to see the Queen in the advert for Britain's Got Talent?
    No, don't think there's a chance.
    isn't prince charles totally ga-ga of the Bond franchise ? surely he could convince his mother that appearing in a Bond film would be totally epic !!
    isn't prince charles totally ga-ga of the Bond franchise ? surely he could convince his mother that appearing in a Bond film would be totally epic !!

I know he's got a thing for Aston Martins.
    I really can think of no better 50th anniversary tribute to Bond than to have the Queen appear in one of the films at long last.
  • Or even one of the Prince's in a Richard Branson/Maud Adams cameo
    It will never, ever happen.
  • I know this is off topic somewhat.

But do you think there will ever be a Bond film titled "On His Majesty's Secret Service" after her Majesty has passed and Charles/William ascends to the throne?
    But do you think there will ever be a Bond film titled "On His Majesty's Secret Service" after her Majesty has passed and Charles/William ascends to the throne?

good idea !! :)

I know this is off topic somewhat.

No
    Getafix wrote:

No

Agreed. That would be in bad taste after her majesty passes on...
  • There is absolutely no chance what so ever that Her Majesty the Queen will appear in Skyfall, what you have to remember is that this movie is a commercial endeavour, with the sole purpose of making vast profits for Sony/EON etc. no member of the Royal family would be involved in such a thing, it just isn't done.
    Getafix wrote:

No

Agreed. That would be in bad taste after her majesty passes on...

Exactly.
    There is absolutely no chance what so ever that Her Majesty the Queen will appear in Skyfall, what you have to remember is that this movie is a commercial endeavour, with the sole purpose of making vast profits for Sony/EON etc. no member of the Royal family would be involved in such a thing, it just isn't done.

Bond films are more than just about making money for a film company. They are a British institution which are almost as popular as the old cabbage herself. It would behoove of her acknowledge them, if only with a brief appearance.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    There is absolutely no chance what so ever that Her Majesty the Queen will appear in Skyfall, what you have to remember is that this movie is a commercial endeavour, with the sole purpose of making vast profits for Sony/EON etc. no member of the Royal family would be involved in such a thing, it just isn't done.
    This is basically correct.

And I will close this thread, because the Bond/Olympics/Queen theme can carry on being explored in the thread linked above by Samuel.

• There is absolutely no chance what so ever that Her Majesty the Queen will appear in Skyfall, what you have to remember is that this movie is a commercial endeavour, with the sole purpose of making vast profits for Sony/EON etc. no member of the Royal family would be involved in such a thing, it just isn't done.

Bond films are more than just about making money for a film company. They are a British institution which are almost as popular as the old cabbage herself. It would behoove of her acknowledge them, if only with a brief appearance.

Sadly, very naive of you @sirseanisbond, I can assure you, if Bond ever stops making a profit he will be retired without hesitation.

Anyway, it's irrelevant, she's not allowed to be involved in commercial endeavours, it would take an act of parliament to change that, she may be doing the Olympics as that's clearly in the interests of the United Kingdom and not for profit, I'm not guessing here, I'm stating facts.

This discussion has been closed.