New Secret Organization for Bond

edited April 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 4
Hello All,

I'm working on some Bond fan-fiction and I'm thinking about having him work somewhere other than MI6 or SIS, but I'm having trouble finidng someplace else. I don't know if I should use a real Organization or perhaps make my own.

I was going to make up my own but my creativity is a little dry when it comes to making up organizations, they either turn out cliche or unimaginative. Any suggestions?

Comments

KGB
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I was going to make up my own but my creativity is a little dry when it comes to making up organizations, they either turn out cliche or unimaginative. Any suggestions?

Maybe you should think about giving up being a writer then if thats the case. Or perhaps you want us to write the entire book for you?
  • That's one to consider, for some reason that didn't come to me. KGB hmmm.
  • No I got my story written but he's working for MI6, I was just going to switch it to something else
  • I was going to make up my own but my creativity is a little dry when it comes to making up organizations, they either turn out cliche or unimaginative. Any suggestions?

Maybe you should think about giving up being a writer then if thats the case. Or perhaps you want us to write the entire book for you?

I got to say that's probably the rudest comment I've ever heard, if you don't want to give a suggestion or help someone out just don't post
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

Harsh that. And rather rude in an unnecessary way.

Idiot!

Harsh that. And rather rude in an unnecessary way.

I agree. WizardOrifice is a being a bit of an arse with that comment.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    And why not MI6? Well, you can make up your own rogue organization (think of the plot lines of Alias and Nikita - it's been done so often). Maybe take a consipiracy theory group (Bilderberg??) and make it real in your book; only with a twist, so Bond is working for good not evil (I am just assuming Bond is a good guy in your fiction). Everyone thinks they are just some weird group that has a "conspiracy theory" rep but that is just their cover story. Ah well, just a thought.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    :-? Maybe some sort of Spy for hire type organisation. That isn't acutally MI6, but maybe MI6 and other intelligence organisations sometimes secretly pay them to do their dirty work, or anyone who has money and wants some sort of job done that a spy could do. I can't really think of a name though.

Or maybe some sort of agency that hasn't existed for years, like MI9. Maybe they never actually closed, they've just been operating top secretly.
  • How about SMERSH?

Or create a European Union/United Nations version of MI6?

Good luck with it :)
    How about the new (and real) American espionage unit called the DCS.

Its a military based espionage program for the US; full title: Defense Clandestine Service

They don't have to be 'villains' but they could get in Bond's way.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.

Right. :-\"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.

Not technically. Now Russia has the SVR run its external intelligence and FSB its domestic intelligence.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.

Depends when the story is set, surely....?
    Getafix wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.

Good point. And the KGB has always carried with it a scary and acrane shadow that still lingers. They were brutal as hell, so it suits.
    Getafix wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.

Good point. And the KGB has always carried with it a scary and acrane shadow that still lingers. They were brutal as hell, so it suits.

The past tense doesn't fit. It should be present tense. ;)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    KGB

There is no KGB.

The past tense doesn't fit. It should be present tense. ;)

Is it okay if he drives a DB5?