What's going in London (Tottenham Court Road) ???

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited April 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 15,690
A man on the 5th floor of a building throwing computers and furnitures on the street ? threatning to blow himself up ?? has hostages ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17869815

Comments

It is being reported a man walked into the HGV licence office in London’s Tottenham Court Road and is holding people hostage. Met Police say the Tottenham Court Road incident is not an act of terrorism, it is a man "with a grievance".

There were reports he had failed a training course to become an HGV driver and had told terrified workers he had "nothing else to live for".

That's the latest news.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Freako!

xxx
    Nut job.
    Getafix wrote:
    Nut job.

You never know. Something bad could've happened that drove him to it. Yeah he's a nutjob but maybe he has a good reason for being one.
    He failed his driving test... and he was threatening to kill people because of it. Makes him a nutter in my book.
    Getafix wrote:
    He failed his driving test... and he was threatening to kill people because of it. Makes him a nutter in my book.

Is that why? Ah... Yeah he's a nutter then.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Was watching it on the police cameras. The guy was an absolute clown. I could see the snipers on the opposite building (literally 30 yards away) and he was just merrily standing in the open window chatting. The easiest shot in the world. Even Heskey could have hit the target.

But typically the lily livered liberalism that passes for policing in this country these days meant no one gave the order to make strawberry jam of him.
    Was watching it on the police cameras. The guy was an absolute clown. I could see the snipers on the opposite building (literally 30 yards away) and he was just merrily standing in the open window chatting. The easiest shot in the world. Even Heskey could have hit the target.

But typically the lily livered liberalism that passes for policing in this country these days meant no one gave the order to make strawberry jam of him.

=))
    Bond would have opted for a flesh wound - something to disable but not kill him.
    Getafix wrote:
    Bond would have opted for a flesh wound - something to disable but not kill him.

No thats very poor marksmanship and theres no police force or SWAT team in the world I know of operates the mythical 'shoot to disable' policy. Anyone with Bonds training would know that when someone has the chance to detonate a bomb you have to go for a clean kill every time.
    Fair point. They should have taken him out!

Although... those supposedly useless coppers do seem to have actually resolved the situation without killing any one.
    Yeah sent out a real signal to anyone keen on disrupting the olympics: dont try it or we'll spend all day talking you down on a phone while London grinds to a halt - even though we had a clear shot.

Would have sent a nice message to pricks like that guy who stopped the boat race if they had just dropped him without question.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It is best to resolve issues without killing if possible.
    I'm sure you'd change your tune if you were a hostage and there's a mentalist threatening to blow you up.

The first duty of the police is to protect the hostages. If they had a clear shot (which I could see they did and with several minutes in which to line it up) then they have to take it.

If the guy had gone back inside and blown every one up then the relatives should have a case for negligence.
    I'm sure you'd change your tune if you were a hostage and there's a mentalist threatening to blow you up.

The first duty of the police is to protect the hostages. If they had a clear shot (which I could see they did and with several minutes in which to line it up) then they have to take it.

If the guy had gone back inside and blown every one up then the relatives should have a case for negligence.

The flip side is that when the Rozzers shoot someone London bursts into flames, a la the Summer of 2011.
    I'm not sure that you can trace back rioting in Birmingham and Manchester to the fact that the police shot upstanding citizen Mark Duggan. Deeper problems in our society were to blame for that and not sure how kicking Currys window in and nicking a 50 inch plasma shows your displeasure at the Mets alleged trigger happy attitude to pillar of the community Mark.