Skyfall London chase scene lifted from unused OHMSS sequence?

Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
edited April 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,874
Having seen some images of the London chase scene from Skyfall they put me in mind of the filmed, but unused chase from OHMSS. Have the film makers resurrected this scene, anybody know if this is the case? I would love to see the original scene put on the extras for the up coming Bond 50 blu-ray of OHMSS.

Comments

No idea if the OHMSS extras will feature on the dvd? But we all suspect that this is the unused London chase scene? But obviously have updated it?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 3,333
    I'd also love to see the filmed foot chase from OHMSS as an extra on the new DVD. From what I've read Hunt only shot the chase over London rooftops and to the entrance of Royal Mail underground. The fight on the RM underground itself was never shot as far as I know. But yes, it seems Skyfall has recycled more outtakes from OHMSS just as the Union Jack parachute was what Lazenby suggested, again recycled for TSWLM.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Skyfall also seems to be recycling stuff from Dalton's ( ^:)^ ) 3rd film that never got made.
    It can´t really be called recycling, can it, when it was never used in a film? It´s a good custom to use unused ideas in later films.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I don't understand why Eon has held this OHMSS footage back, if it exists. It's not as though OHMSS is the best seller among the DVDs. I think it's down there with TMWTGG and LTK in terms of DVD sales.

I could see if they had deleted scenes from GF or TSWLM or GE that they wanted to save to heighten interest in a future release. But OHMSS? No.
    boldfinger wrote:
    It can´t really be called recycling, can it, when it was never used in a film? It´s a good custom to use unused ideas in later films.

I think it's good too, but they were old ideas, even if the film wasn't made. So I see it as recycling.
    boldfinger wrote:

That's true. The Bond series isn't the only one to do it. The famous cart chase from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was originally scripted for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Due to sceduling reasons the scene got scrapped but Speilberg and company remembered it when planning the next film. I wouldn't call it recycling.
  • Skyfall also seems to be recycling stuff from Dalton's ( ^:)^ ) 3rd film that never got made.

Which bits, I'm curious?

re: OHMSS: My understanding was the film footage of this chase was lost and only some photos remain?

Skyfall also seems to be recycling stuff from Dalton's ( ^:)^ ) 3rd film that never got made.

Which bits, I'm curious?

re: OHMSS: My understanding was the film footage of this chase was lost and only some photos remain?

Not sure how much is left now, but some of the rumoured China stuff sounded similar to Dalton's unmade film.
    boldfinger wrote:

I think it's good too, but they were old ideas, even if the film wasn't made. So I see it as recycling.
    Fair enough. Anyhow, it´s common practice in Hollywood. Perhaps some film doesn´t get made, they just take the script, change some elements here and there, and make a different film with basically the same script. If you compare Wild Wild West and Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows, it´s as if those two scripts were made with the same characters in mind.