The Positivity of all things in the Bond Universe Thread

edited April 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 643
The rules of the thread are simple: only positive comments about a Bond Movie/Book/Actor/Character. No disparaging remarks. the old maxim my mother taught me...if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

The aim of this is to get, from a wide range of different perspectives, all the possible positives from a given topic. They are all a part of the James Bond canon, time to highlight everything good about them. to make it fair and non-repetitive, one positive comment per post :)

Comments

• First Topic (picked at random)

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY (1981)
  • Gunbarrel walk music is immense
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Topol was one of the best allies of the franchise.
    This all sounds vaguely familiar, not so a positive comment, but a general observation

In any event, (one positive comment) FYEO

Lynn Holly Johnson was quite cute

DAD thankfully was PB's last bond film. That was a positive move by the producers :P

More seriously DC nails the action sequences and his brutal physicality brings a edge to his portrayel of bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Carole Bouquet and her crossbow--pure Fleming.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    It was nice to see a final end to Ernst Stavro Blofeld and a direct reference to Tracy and OHMSS.

Cortina d'Ampezzo makes as a gorgeous a location here as it did in Blake Edwards' The Pink Panther(1963) 18 years earlier.
    Gunbarrel walk music is immense

Oh I heavily agree! It is undeniably Foot-Tapping perfection!

Other things I'd like to mention are the real-life villains in Kristatos, Locque, and Kriegler, who, despite being Bond Villains, are actually very realistic and present an air of villainy and evil that makes you shudder! Another point is the soundtrack by Conti, which is one of my all-time favorites! Superb work indeed!
    I'll get shot down for this but for me it features one of the best performances by a Bond actor from the entire series.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,012
    I'll get shot down for this but for me it features one of the best performances by a Bond actor from the entire series.

I agree. I love RM but FYEO is the only film in which he really was Bond.

FYEO is very good, for me the best of the Moore era, great OST, great story. Love it!
    echo wrote:
    Carole Bouquet and her crossbow--pure Fleming.

Carole Bouquet full stop....!! :P
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The gunbarrel music is epic, so is the music when Sir Rog unplugs the auto pilot machine in his helicopter !! And Topol is one of the best allies ever. I love the scene where Bond, Topol and co. arrive at the docks to attack Locque's men. And of course Sir Rog the bad-ass when he kicks the car off the cliff. And Carole Bouquet is extremely beautiful. And one of the best Q scenes in the franchise 'A nose Q not a banana !!!'
    Carole Bouquet!!!!!! :x
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The ski chase is my favourite of all the films. Such energetic, kinetic, exciting photography! I love it.
    Granddaddies can pick up young chicks. Gives hope to us all. I'm talking about Bouquet, not about that jail bait.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2012 Posts: 16,330
    The soundtrack is one of my favorite Non-Barry soundtracks.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Moore gives a really good 'tougher' Bond performance.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    SharkBait wrote:
    Granddaddies can pick up young chicks. Gives hope to us all. I'm talking about Bouquet, not about that jail bait.

Sorry but Sir Rog is too awesome to be defined as a granddaddy..... :)
    You're absolutely right. He's not a mere mortal like the rest of us.
  • The rock climbing stunt is amazing
  • New Topic?

Quantum Organisation
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Ah, first of all I LOVE FYEO, for many reasons mentioned above. Especially like St. Cyril's climb, Roger's style and wit throughout, and the finale.

Quantum organization - I think this could be interesting if well developed. It is too vague yet ... "we have people everywhere" but no stated purpose(s) yet. I have hopes for it - in general I welcome a new "taking over the world evil consipiracy group" other than Spectre/Smersh. Hope it comes up in Bond 24.
    Quantum is a neat way to reintroduce the long-dissolved SPECTRE into the 21st century and make it relevant. Rather than blackmail with atomic bombs or striking war between the USA and the USSR, Quantum operates very much so behind the shadows, making money through brilliant mathmaticians and bankers like Le Chiffre, or the slimy, tree-hugging Dominic Greene. Also, rather than a straight-up leader like Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Quantum's face remains in the shadows until the time is right, keeping 007 as well as the audience on their toes, waiting for the answer.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Quantum is this millenium's SMERSH/SPECTRE. Plus there's more of a mystique with Quantum.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Tanya Roberts has great legs. That scene when Moore is pulling her from the burning elevator--MAGNIFICO

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Mr. White, of course.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sean Connery is judge, jury and executioner in this court that we call life. :)