Suggestions for NEWER James Bond Memorabilia

edited April 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 14
Many people here have been wondering if there will be any new toys or memorabilia released this year in time for the 50th anniversary. Well, I for one would like to start a thread where fans can offer up suggestions on collectibles for those who frequent here and other Bond websites.

For years I have been collecting Corgi and other collectible Bond vehicles. One vehicle I would love to see done is the Interceptor rocket from You Only Live Twice. Add that to a diorama of the volcano. Since I'm on the topic of dioramas I would love to see other villainous lairs such as Piz Gloria, Kananga's hideout, and the Liparus tanker. Since Corgi has released the DB5 in numerous incarnations and boxes, I would love them to recreate the Thunderball version equip with a squirt gun function that would simulate the water hose effect from the pre-credit sequence. The DB5 one they released years ago with just the Thunderball title and no tire slashers was very lame.

Also, I appreciate Factory Entertainment for producing replicas of Bond props such as Scaramanga's golden gun and Blofeld's ring. They plan to release gadgets such as the Moonraker laser gun and the attache case in the near future. I would love them to recreate the Signature gun from Licence To Kill, Moonraker's henchman jumpsuits, the Octopussy Fabergé Egg and The Living Daylights Keyring finder.

Monopoly was kind enough to listen to the fans here and at CommanderBond.net and came out with the Ultimate Bond Monopoly game - a great collectible. Activision is preparing to release OO7 Legends. I for one would love to see them do an entire video game based on Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, OHMSS, and Diamonds Are Forever. Literally offer the fans to play OO7 vs SPECTRE. Hey, if they can put Blofeld in the new GoldenEye game, they can do these games too.

So have at it. Come up with your suggestions and who knows, maybe a company representive might take you up on your suggestion.

Comments

I would LOVE villain layer dioramas.

A model Liparus tanker like the one in the film, the volcano layer, the stealth ship, and the TMWTGG fun house.

I'd also love a SPECTRE ring, set with numbers 2-10 on them as well as just Blofeld's ring.

I made a model of Fort Knox for a middle-school book report I did on Goldfinger. I even had an N-scale train set up like in the book, and I still to this day keep the little Fort Knox depository in my bedroom as an ornament. That being said, I'd love to have a Corgi miniature of the 3D-map that Goldfinger had hidden under the pool table...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i for one have gotten my wish... and i believe a spy from Activision stole the idea i suggested long ago about having a "greatest hits" style Bond game, in which you play levels based on various Bond films - all in one game...

now i want my royalty check from Activision $-)

lol but seriously... i don't doubt that developers and people behind these sort of stuff often check boards and websites such as this one, to see what fans would want - or what they want to see.... now, they wont come right out and admit that they do - but they do...... it's part of their "market research" lol.
    A little smaller scale than a villain's lair, but I think a diorama of M's office (from the 60s movies), or the Q branch labs would be cool. A game where you play a SPECTRE agent working your way up the ranks would also be interesting. Set it in the 60s and make it so you can advance by taking out your rival SPECTRE agents (and ultimately Blofeld himself) as well as completing missions.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,639
    New Zorin watch fea airship background ;)

A scale model of the blimp and Golden Gate.....prolly never gonna happen though.

YOLT and OHMSS (both PG and the bobs) Corgi art blown up to movie poster sz (100x140 cm's)
    Screen accurate comic book adaptions of ALL films (yes , they did DN/FYEO/OP/AVTAK/TLD/LTK/GE but the art wasn't that spectacular)
  • RC7RC7
    I always thought that LEGO would have huge scope with the Bond franchise. I guess the problem is that their key demographic is skewed younger than Bond. I would bloody love to build some of the iconic Adam sets in LEGO (and I'm a 28 yr old man). Imagine being able to build Blofeld's volcano or Atlantis? That would be my Christmas sorted.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:
    I always thought that LEGO would have huge scope with the Bond franchise. I guess the problem is that their key demographic is skewed younger than Bond. I would bloody love to build some of the iconic Adam sets in LEGO (and I'm a 28 yr old man). Imagine being able to build Blofeld's volcano or Atlantis? That would be my Christmas sorted.

Brilliant idea. Dont know why theyve never done it. If Star Wars, Indy, Harry Potter and POTC can get the Lego treatment then why not Bond?

Sadly if its ever going to happen it would be this year and as we've heard nothing and theres only 6 months to go and in view of EONs rather lacklustre merchandise ideas so far (Blurays, Corgi, Scalextric) I guess its a big 'no'.

how about a replica prop range, Bond clothing range, and a new sideshow figure collection not to just redo the ones done before
    There is too many things that I would want issued that I would have to remorgage the house. One thing I would love to see would be a toy figure range like the original star Wars figure toy range that I loved as a kid with all the key characters for the entire 50 years of Bond. It could also include memorable vehicles. I would love to see the disco Valante, with the detachable section! For the adult in me, I would like to see more Bond lifestyle items, i.e. replica clothing, accessories etc.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,639
    Grown ups buy SW Lego so why not 007 also ?

I'd buy inflatable , remote controlled Zorin blimp any day :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How about ripping locks of Dan's hair off his head?? :| :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    New graphic novels (like Permission To Die, Shattered Helix, Sepent's Tooth etc...) and new 1:6 scale figures would be welcome. Sideshow's figures were nice to look at, but articulation wasn't that great. For instance with Dalton there could be the standard figure with with the following clothing packs:

- Dinner Jacket (with velco lapels) + Walther WA 2000
    - Tangiers Beige Suit + Silenced PPK
    - Black Combat Fatigues
    - Afghan Airbase + AK 47/74 (?)
    Tracy wrote:
    New Zorin watch fea airship background ;)

A scale model of the blimp and Golden Gate.....prolly never gonna happen though.

YOLT and OHMSS (both PG and the bobs) Corgi art blown up to movie poster sz (100x140 cm's)

Do you mean the bobsleds from the sled chase in OHMSS? Corgi Jnrs actually produced these back in the day, although only produced for a short time. If you want to see how they looked...

http://www.jamesbondtoys.co.uk/collection/cars/diecast/ohmss.htm

My suggestions would be the Chevrolet Bel Air convertible from Dr No, for the distinct reason that it is the first car ever to be driven by Bond in a movie.

Add to the list Blofeld's Bathosub from DAF.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,639
    Yup , both OHMSS styles (bobs and ice rink chase) and GF/YOLT/DAF deserves to be printed as full scale posters , 2sh sz ;)