Bond Theme On Floppy Discs

edited April 2012 in Music Posts: 185
Sorry if this is old
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/8-floppy-drives-bond-theme/
In conjunction with ‘Technology Week’ at Purdue University, the Association of Electrical Technologists club came up with what can be called an amazing musical piece. While music might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of electronics and technologists, this group did not disappoint. By using 8 old and outdate floppy disk drives, the students responsible for the project worked it so intricately that the symphony of devices akin to the sound of a dot matrix printer resulted in a smooth and accurate rendition of the James Bond movie theme song. The James Bond movies themselves have always been filled with technology and gadgets that push the boundaries of the imagination and after you see the video embedded above, you might agree with me that this would be an excellent beginning to the next Bond movie.

Comments

• tqbtqb
    thats crazy
    I miss floppy disks sometimes, not really one for modern technologies, never had all that when I was a kid. I listened to the link and it all sounded very fundamental as one would expect, a bit robotic for sure, but it was good the way it worked. However it is definitely not advisable for consideration for the Skyfall release, and of course, would never be used anyway, nice idea or otherwise
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    That is just amazing!
    That´s the best variation I ever heard of the tune! Love it! I´m totally amazed that such a thing would be possible with such things!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's first class. Truely is great.