Should Craig only do a trilogy of films?

13»

Comments

I would look forward to Bond 24 in 2014. The four-year gap between DAD and CR allowed EON time to reorganise and release QOS two years later. Lets hope the same is the case this time :)
    I'm note sure a much younger Bond would be a good thing.

I like the fact that Craig's Bond looks his 40 years. He's experienced, tough, self assured, ... You see what I mean.

A too young actor wouldn't look the part, I think.

Plus, I'm sure Craig will still look very fit and tough even at 50+

conclusion, I want him to do at least 4 more films !!!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Quoting Tounet77: I like the fact that Craig's Bond looks his 40 years. He's experienced, tough, self assured,
    But CR is Bond's debut mission, thus he should be 30/31 at the maximum, preferably in his late 20's.
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: But CR is Bond's debut mission,
    As a 00. Not as a British agent.
    And he is supposed to have been in the military before, and after that trained as a special agent by MI6 ... He is not exactly what you would call a rookie !

When I read the novels, I have the feeling that Bond is not so young ...

I think Craig definitely looks the part : still "young", but not wet behind the ears
  • i hope Dan does 23 and 24 at least, hopefully 25 to. I think after his fifth would be the perfect time to step down.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 11,189
    I must confess I've never been the biggest DC fan, but he deserves to make at least one more film. He was excellent in CR but I haven't quite warmed to him in the part. Maybe it was just the fact that Quantum was frankly such a let down.

I have a feeling he won't do more than 4 films in total. By the time B23 comes out he will be 44. That's ok but after that he will probably be 46 or 47 by the time B24 is released (if indeed it is at all).

I suspect that will be his last.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited April 2011 Posts: 6,786
    I agree with the original poster, Craig has had a fine career as Bond after the next one, there is no need for dragging it out and get routine and bored acting performances as in YOLT, AVTAK and the second half of DAD.
  • "craig" should quit after Bond 23..."henry cavill" isn't a james bond material,he chosen "superman" & should stick by it...some one young in early 30's should replace "craig"...some one on the line of "George Lazenby"...it should be youthful,vibrant & fresh...but we are missing "sean connery",no doubt!
    Quoting Luds:

I personally would like Craig to complete his Quantum trilogy and return for a stand alone Bond epic, something lighter and more fun that he's been thrown into with the first two movies of the trilogy. I'd like to see him portray a Bond which isn't just about revenge.
    This is pretty much how I feel too- give him a Quantum trilogy, but also give him a stand alone adventure too
    Definitely not. Craig's the best Bond hands down. I want him for another 3 or 4 myself.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
  • I hope that DC can continue in the role for another couple of films. Still can't stress how disappointed I was with QOS, especially after CR being so good - CR seemed like a breath of fresh air to Bond (just a pity they couldn't get Martin Campbell on board for QOS and work a little harder on the storyline).

I reckon it would be good to have the Quantum organisation as an ongoing storyline, as long as it doesn't fall down to Dr Evil stereotype "we're going to take over the world... mwah hahaha". Mr White is still sneaking around, Leiter has contact with Quantum and Bond has met with Vesper's boyfriend, which could lead to interesting storylines in Bond #23. What about if Bond goes into covert mode to establish further information about the Quantum organisation (possibly bringing in Leiter as an allie) - you know, some spying/chasing, etc - somewhere between Bond and Mission Impossible, rather than attempting to turn Bond into Bourne. This could lead to some decent tense scenes and decent action sequences - as long as they don't take the rather boring ecological storyline, aka QOS "we're going to take the fluoride out of London's water supply, so you'll stain your teeth - mwah hahaha"