Bloodstone ending

MrBondMrBond Station S
edited April 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 2,044
When i first played the last mission on Bloodstone. I was almost secure that Nicole was referring to the head of Quantum as the guy who is bigger then everything. And that we would find out more about it in the next Bondfilm ( now Skyfall ). But as we know Skyfall will not include Quantum, and we might never see the organisation again. So my question is, did Nicole work for Quantum or not?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MrBond wrote:
    When i first played the last mission on Bloodstone. I was almost secure that Nicole was referring to the head of Quantum as the guy who is bigger then everything. And that we would find out more about it in the next Bondfilm ( now Skyfall ). But as we know Skyfall will not include Quantum, and we might never see the organisation again. So my question is, did Nicole work for Quantum or not?

The ending to that game is an unintelligible mess. That may just be it, and it's unlikely to see a continuation on from it.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Yes it was, it didn't explain too much.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Well, somebody on another thread brought up the possibility that Blood Stone might take place before GE2010/GEReloaded, and that the man "Bigger than everything" could have been Trevelyn, which I can kind of believe considering whoever killed Nicole had access to a Predator unmanned drone.

Sadly, I cannot remember what thread this was brought up on, nor who actually came up with the idea.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, somebody on another thread brought up the possibility that Blood Stone might take place before GE2010/GEReloaded, and that the man "Bigger than everything" could have been Trevelyn, which I can kind of believe considering whoever killed Nicole had access to a Predator unmanned drone.

Sadly, I cannot remember what thread this was brought up on, nor who actually came up with the idea.

Sorry, but Activision aren't that clever.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Sorry, but Activision aren't that clever.

Activision: No. The writer of both games, Bruce Feirstein: Maybe.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I doubt the game wants us to think about it. Besides, they're clearly taking 007 gaming in a whole new direction. I figure BS is dead as far as Activision is concerned. (Too bad I'd say for I sort of liked the game very much.)

... And at least it was released for PC, but that's another rant. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I doubt the game wants us to think about it. Besides, they're clearly taking 007 gaming in a whole new direction. I figure BS is dead as far as Activision is concerned. (Too bad I'd say for I sort of liked the game very much.)

I doubt the game wants us to think about it, too. Games never attempt to bring in that much thought, especially shooters (Metal Gear is the exception). But, it is a nifty possibility, that both games could have simply been part of a larger plot by Janus. It's also something I'll probably explore when I get to novelizing both games for Fanfiction.net, in the future.

And, as far as being released for PC goes, though I love PC gaming (big Doom lover), I'm certain its on its deathbed. Console exclusives are coming back, I've noticed. However, MicroShaft's not losing any money, since almost everything gets released on the 360.
    DarthDimi wrote:

I doubt the game wants us to think about it, too. Games never attempt to bring in that much thought, especially shooters (Metal Gear is the exception). But, it is a nifty possibility, that both games could have simply been part of a larger plot by Janus. It's also something I'll probably explore when I get to novelizing both games for Fanfiction.net, in the future.

And, as far as being released for PC goes, though I love PC gaming (big Doom lover), I'm certain its on its deathbed. Console exclusives are coming back, I've noticed. However, MicroShaft's not losing any money, since almost everything gets released on the 360.

That's absolute crap, and you know it. Uncharted 1,2,3, Rockstar's magnificent catalog, they all make you think and aren't just "shooters". Tisk tisk sir.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

That would be nice, but i don't think so.
    More likely is that it is Quantum who is standing behind all of that, just because the game was made before we knew something about Quantums involvement in SF and that BS is set place a short time after QoS.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've sometimes wondered if the 'man' referred to is Bond's Australian pal.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I've sometimes wondered if the 'man' referred to is Bond's Australian pal.
    Silk? Maybe, but he seemed like more of a lesser man in command to Rak, who himself wasn't even close to being the largest in command.
    DarthDimi wrote:

That's absolute crap, and you know it. Uncharted 1,2,3, Rockstar's magnificent catalog, they all make you think and aren't just "shooters". Tisk tisk sir.

Uncharted are all more than just "shooters". I was leveling my speech directly at the straight out action titles. The Bond games, Halo, Syphon Filter, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, the list goes on. These aren't games where deep insight into the plot is either encouraged or needed.
    Max Payne: a game that was influenced by Hong Kong action films like Hardboiled. A game that is all action. It also has the deepest storyline to a game ever written IMO.
    I agree with most of you. BS was a great Bond game but the ending just didn't do it for me. Im not sure if they were setting up a sequel, which video games shouldn't do, but it ends very abruptly almost as if they ended to end it by a certain number of levels. Sadly we'll never know who Nicole was talking about. Thankfully this wasn't a movie ending.
    CrzChris4 wrote:
    Max Payne: a game that was influenced by Hong Kong action films like Hardboiled. A game that is all action. It also has the deepest storyline to a game ever written IMO.

Completely agreed here! I feel that since MP, shooters have generally taken more interest in their stories. Another example here would be F.E.A.R, where the myth building continues even after three games and some expansion packs. Smart shooter, I call them. They don't mind getting us from one action orgy to another, but in between we live the story and character development of the protagonist, sometimes antagonist(s), and in order to understand certain moments, one has to keep track of how the story progresses.

CrzChris4 wrote:

I agree with you, only if you add Max Payne 2 into the mix. Max Payne 1 I found rather simple, all the way through the game. Max Payne 2, however, added untold levels of depth to the story of the first.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I feel that since MP, shooters have generally taken more interest in their stories. Another example here would be F.E.A.R, where the myth building continues even after three games and some expansion packs. Smart shooter, I call them. They don't mind getting us from one action orgy to another, but in between we live the story and character development of the protagonist, sometimes antagonist(s), and in order to understand certain moments, one has to keep track of how the story progresses.

Keep this in mind: 99.991% of all games take interest in their stories. It's gamers who feel the need to ignore them.

And though I've never played it, F.E.A.R. looked awesome.
    Well we have to be frank. In the days of Duke Nukem 3D, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake, ... the stories were fairly simple. Get out of the prison or get to the big baddie and fight him... those were pretty much the main concepts contrived as an excuse to shoot things up. A lot, however, has happened since and you're quite right that things have seriously changed over the years. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Well we have to be frank. In the days of Duke Nukem 3D, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake, ... the stories were fairly simple. Get out of the prison or get to the big baddie and fight him... those were pretty much the main concepts contrived as an excuse to shoot things up. A lot, however, has happened since and you're quite right that things have seriously changed over the years. ;-)

Yes, a lot has changed - but only in the world of the developers and the publishers. There are still a great deal of gamers out there who don't put any thought into a game, and sadly, there are developers who cater to those gamers. Being a writer, I always put more thought into a game than is probably necessary, but I enjoy doing that.
    I've played Max Payne + Max Payne 2 but I have to disagree about the second game's story being better. All said, however, they form the best story arc in video game history. Max Payne 3 looks like it's going to continue the story really nicely and it's one of the only games I'm anticipating this year.
    Oh goodness, Blood Stone's ending drives me nuts because it just screams "SEQUAL!", and more than likely, we won't get one, much like GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. It's a fair bet to say that Nicole is working for Quantum though. I'd love to know what the producers of the game had in mind for Nicole's organization and whom she was referring to as the "bigger man".
    00Beast wrote:
    Oh goodness, Blood Stone's ending drives me nuts because it just screams "SEQUAL!", and more than likely, we won't get one, much like GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. It's a fair bet to say that Nicole is working for Quantum though. I'd love to know what the producers of the game had in mind for Nicole's organization and whom she was referring to as the "bigger man".
    Exactly. It eats away at me every time I replay it to the effect of WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    MrBond wrote:
    ...( now Skyfall ). But as we know Skyfall will not include Quantum, and we might never see the organisation again....

i wouldn't jump to such a judgement as that quite yet... just because QUANTUM wont be featured in Skyfall, doesn't mean they wont pop back up for Bond 24.... it could be the producers are going the Goldfinger route with Skyfall, and just having a stand alone story outside of the whole QUANTUM business... like how GF was in the middle of DN, FRWL, TB, YOLT, OHMSS and then DAF...

it's an organization that they'll likely be dragging out for the rest of Dan's tenure - and who knows, quite possibly into Dan's successor's tenure as well... only time will tell.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    HASEROT wrote:
    MrBond wrote:
    ...( now Skyfall ). But as we know Skyfall will not include Quantum, and we might never see the organisation again....

i wouldn't jump to such a judgement as that quite yet... just because QUANTUM wont be featured in Skyfall, doesn't mean they wont pop back up for Bond 24.... it could be the producers are going the Goldfinger route with Skyfall, and just having a stand alone story outside of the whole QUANTUM business... like how GF was in the middle of DN, FRWL, TB, YOLT, OHMSS and then DAF...

it's an organization that they'll likely be dragging out for the rest of Dan's tenure - and who knows, quite possibly into Dan's successor's tenure as well... only time will tell.

Well i better hope so, we don't know sure if Quantum will return for sure yet.
    I don't want Quantum to reurn. Nothing about them intrests me, and QOS was so forgettable that I bet after Skyfall, nobody would care if they never came back.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I don't want Quantum to reurn. Nothing about them intrests me.

We don't know anything about them so how can they interest anyone at this point?

It all depends on what is done with them in the writing of the next films. I believe, given the time they could make a great opponent and organisation for Bond to be up against.