Diamonds Are Forever, where are you?

2»

Comments

• SirHilaryBrayOBESirHilaryBrayOBE Chez Hilly, Portsmouth
    I could upload it...Provided that Sir Hilary doesn't have a copy and gives his permission to do so.

I'd rather you didn't old sport if that's alright.

Fair enough. But I am glad that to know you are present on this new forum.

For now, for now.

All glory is fleeting.

Helps if my notifications worked. Faffing with the profile business is depressing.
    I could upload it...Provided that Sir Hilary doesn't have a copy and gives his permission to do so.

I'd rather you didn't old sport if that's alright.

Fair enough. But I am glad that to know you are present on this new forum.

For now, for now.

All glory is fleeting.

Helps if my notifications worked. Faffing with the profile business is depressing.

Either way its good to have you back good sir!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great news that we may get to see some of these stories again.

@SirHilaryBrayOBE, hello.
    Apologies for the delay. Work and other concerns have crowded in. If folks don't mind waiting until at least Sunday (BST) I'll see what I can do. I've had to re-work part of Bond's manhunt in the opening part of DAF which is one reason. That and hours at work are changing and writing just isn't a concern (depressing for those who know how I write).

In the meantime...well, I'll list the stories just so some know.

The Lazenby Bond's
    Diamonds Are Forever
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Moonraker
    Octopussy
    Property of a Lady (short)
    All Our Yesterdays (short/alternate aftermath of OHMSS)

The Sam Neill Bond's (yes, really)
    Shatterhand
    A View to a Kill
    Death is So Permanent
    Die Another Day

WWII era Bond
    On His Majesty's Service
    The Devil's Crusaders
    The Lasting Storm
    Above All, Courage
    Where Angels Fear

The Evil Men Do (if Britain had lost WWII)

the WWII Bond is 'Fleming's Bond' the one who actually did serve in the war as true to him as I could make it. At first I pictured James Mason as Bond but dare I say I easily picture Gregory Peck. He did, after all, play Hornblower and Mallory in Guns of Navarone.

until the weekend chaps
    Apologies for the delay. Work and other concerns have crowded in. If folks don't mind waiting until at least Sunday (BST) I'll see what I can do. I've had to re-work part of Bond's manhunt in the opening part of DAF which is one reason. That and hours at work are changing and writing just isn't a concern (depressing for those who know how I write).

In the meantime...well, I'll list the stories just so some know.

The Lazenby Bond's
    Diamonds Are Forever
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Moonraker
    Octopussy
    Property of a Lady (short)
    All Our Yesterdays (short/alternate aftermath of OHMSS)

The Sam Neill Bond's (yes, really)
    Shatterhand
    A View to a Kill
    Death is So Permanent
    Die Another Day

WWII era Bond
    On His Majesty's Service
    The Devil's Crusaders
    The Lasting Storm
    Above All, Courage
    Where Angels Fear

The Evil Men Do (if Britain had lost WWII)

the WWII Bond is 'Fleming's Bond' the one who actually did serve in the war as true to him as I could make it. At first I pictured James Mason as Bond but dare I say I easily picture Gregory Peck. He did, after all, play Hornblower and Mallory in Guns of Navarone.

until the weekend chaps

Take as much time as you can we all understand the pressures of life mate :D
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    This being the christmas season, I was wondering if our great Sir Hilly has a gift for us all? ;)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 97
    You, know that's a point I've never really considered. It wasn't Blofeld who killed Traci, it was Bunt and she got away scott-free, never to be seen again!

I do see DAF as one of the biggest missed opportunities in the whole series. What should have been a dark revenge tale, was instead a slapstick comedy. I would have loved to see George continue with more movies, though do I do wonder if the series would have tanked, considering the audience at the time seemed to respond to the lighter hearted Bond.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'd like to know what happened to the re-write on this. It all sounds most intriguing!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    I'd like to know what happened to the re-write on this. It all sounds most intriguing!

it was dragged elsewhere, ignored and hounded after. It is my hound of the Baskervilles, chasing me from the mists of time.

Continues to remind me of dear old Sisisillius (forgive me old friend for the mispelling) on old MI6 who more or less urged me to write proper, regular writing and not waste time (more or less) on fan fiction.

The saddest words in fiction are, what might have been.
    When the Bond-fans unanimously pick your fan fiction without proper writing above the script for the actual film, You've got something special on your hands. Don't be so hard on yourself, we will all be most ready to forgive a missed dot or comma if it means we can read the most anticipated story of 2013, and 2014 as well!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I have eagerly waited for almost 2 years, i will be fine even if there's any spelling issues or things like that!
    It's been updated a week ago. See what you think...over there. Or here, it's not far. [-O<
    your invisible link doesn't seem to work for me ;)
    MartinBond wrote:
    your invisible link doesn't seem to work for me ;)

halfway down the Fan Creations page.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3063/diamonds-are-forever-starring-george-lazenby-chapters-23-05jan14#Item_13