Left on the editing room floor.

edited April 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 6,432
If you were given the opportunity to cut out, trim or extend scenes from any of the bond movie's. Which scenes would you alter and why? Could be because you felt a scene dragged on or there was a character you wanted removed etc...

Comments

I am not a big fan of TND Elliot Carver is one of many reason's and cutting his scenes would end up being a massacre. Probably the most cringe worthy scene is when he mockingly does martial arts in front of wai lin, I would cut that out.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The Twine boat Pursuit. i'd make it longer like this.
    I would completely re-edit QOS, get rid of the quick cutting in action scenes.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    The Twine boat Pursuit. i'd make it longer like this.

Not streaming well on my phone, will check it next time i am on PC.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I would edit out the gondola turning into a float on wheels scene in MR (it was MR, wasn't it??).

And I would extend the Opera House scene a little in QOS because it was soooooo good, very Bond.
    I would edit out the gondola turning into a float on wheels scene in MR (it was MR, wasn't it??).

And I would extend the Opera House scene a little in QOS because it was soooooo good, very Bond.

I completely agree, sir.

If you're into gaming at all, they mimicked the soft music over gunfire in Goldeneye Reloaded (And Goldeneye Wii), give it a play. It's an epic scene at Zuckovski's club.
    I'd change DAD. No more robocop suits and invisible cars for this Bond film :D

I completely agree, sir.

If you're into gaming at all, they mimicked the soft music over gunfire in Goldeneye Reloaded (And Goldeneye Wii), give it a play. It's an epic scene at Zuckovski's club.

Thanks! I haven't played any games (I know: shocking, positively shocking!") but darn if I am not seriously considering doing so - only to play some good Bond ones. Sounds like fun.

The double take pigeon from MR would definitely get cut out. No blame to the pigeon of course, most living creatures would double take when seeing a gondola that becomes a rather lame hover craft :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The scene was perfect the way it was.
    The opera scene is one of the few QOS scenes that I wouldn't re-edit, along with the ending with Vesper's boyfriend and Bond walking away in the snow.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Volante wrote:
    The opera scene is one of the few QOS scenes that I wouldn't re-edit, along with the ending with Vesper's boyfriend and Bond walking away in the snow.

I raise a glass to that. I'd include Mathis's death scene too.
    Volante wrote:

I just wish Mathis had made it. My favourite Bond ally since Kerim Bey.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,443
    Removed 20 minutes or more of TB. Then i mean in specialy the water scene's.

From GF my problem in specialy always be GF farm, made it les long and this have made GF Shortest Bond movie and the only one under 100 minutes.

CR2006:

Wil start with the MGM logo and the gunbarrel. (Original pre-title removed.) This mean the movie wil open with the running child, Mr White and Lechiefe and that's work better. The maintitle wil start after the guy from the embesy stand up and see Bond is gone, it wil be a fate out. The movie wil re-open with Bond and phone and the girl climing on Lechiefe boat.

Think about how to not yuse the Astin Martin DB5 joke or changed on a way Bonf stil get information from her. Example: She stap out the car and that's it and then straight to the scene with phone.

I have at all Vesper scene's from the sea in the movie. There relation ship should be more clear. Big changes at the airport scene. The truck with the guy drive's a bit longer. As it should be and not misplaced as it be. Atleast i remove the scene with Bond his smile on his face. Cut some music/soundmix or made it atleast les loud. The delete scene with Mathis and hospital include. Stairs fight also change in music/sound.

QOS: 10 minutes longer, yusing other camera angels showing more of the airport scene with Fields and big changes with the airplane scene. Difrent angel from the boat chase and other music. Gunbarrel of course also back at the start. Possible i at Duffy her song under the maintitles or Shirley Bassey. Whyle i think sometimes Bassey her song work better for later/more growing Bond movie like Bond 23 (or Bond 24) before Bond 23 whas anouched as Skyfall. When some people think it going to be Propety Of Lady. Easy said: When he working at his solace, something i always thaught going to happen after QOS in Bond 23 and Bond 24 or starts off in Bond 24. As it look like on the moment this going to happen in Bond 24.
    M_Balje wrote:
    Removed 20 minutes or more of TB. Then i mean in specialy the water scene's.

I've never really had a problem with the underwater scenes. They're beautifully shot and wonderfully scored. However, take some of them out or shorten others and I am of the opinion that TB would be more widely acclaimed as the best Bond film. Yes, serious.
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Ditto, as well as Quarrel. And it didn't need to happen. That is the sad part. Why couldn't he go with Camille and Bond to Bolivia? We'd have to scrap the dogfight and fall into the sink hole, but so what? Mathis was brilliant, but wasted so badly in QoS.
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Ditto, as well as Quarrel. And it didn't need to happen. That is the sad part. Why couldn't he go with Camille and Bond to Bolivia? We'd have to scrap the dogfight and fall into the sink hole, but so what? Mathis was brilliant, but wasted so badly in QoS.

Completely agree. But his death was one of the better scenes in QOS, as tragic and avoidable as it was.
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Completely agree. But his death was one of the better scenes in QOS, as tragic and avoidable as it was.

It's strange. My top 3 favorite allies of Bond's are Kerim, Mathis, and Quarrel, in that order, and they all tragically die.
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

It's strange. My top 3 favorite allies of Bond's are Kerim, Mathis, and Quarrel, in that order, and they all tragically die.

Your taste is terrific, they're my favourites too!
    Yes they all seem to die. Except Felix of course. But I wish Mathis had stayed; they didn't have to use him in every film, but he was a great addition and could have come back a few more times.
    Volante wrote:

I have the ability to that. May do it over the summer.
    This all sounds vaguely familiar but I would imagine as stated, the Thunderball scenes underwater could be reduced, they seemed to go on forever and took up half the film time it seemed

Also, For Your Eyes Only, when Moore is climbing the rock face to the Saint Cyrils monastery in Greece, by god, I thought Bond would never arrive at the top..

The tanker chase in License to Kill drags on a little too long for my liking

Someone mentioned the pigeon in Moonraker, no leave him be, I don't mind that at all

Brosnan in Cuba also, what a sequence of boring, uninteresting scenes they were, I usually just fast forward when Bond leaves Korea and arrives in Iceland, all those horrible 'Mojito, bird watching, Berry coming out of the sea etc etc', well I always have trouble watching that, just cut that all out and Cuba altogether I say
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,252
    I would cut out about 8 minutes of the LALD boat chase
    Volante wrote:
    I've never really had a problem with the underwater scenes. They're beautifully shot and wonderfully scored. However, take some of them out or shorten others and I am of the opinion that TB would be more widely acclaimed as the best Bond film. Yes, serious.

+1. GF and TB are neck to neck in my rankings (neither is near the top though) simply because of the overlong water scenes, however beautifully shot
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Volante wrote:

That would be amazing.
    Volante wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Volante wrote:

That would be amazing.

Only thing is, I only have the final copy of the film to go off of. So it would definitely be shorter. I re-did the opening car chase here if interested:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Volante wrote:

That would be amazing.

Only thing is, I only have the final copy of the film to go off of. So it would definitely be shorter. I re-did the opening car chase here if interested:

You did that well, looking forward to it if you ever get around to editing more.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Volante wrote:

^:)^ I don't know how, but if you would that'd be awesome. It seems the editing is everyone's biggest peeve, and I wonder what people would think of the film if the editing wasn't shaky.
  • The VR scene in DAD. Pointless, OTT, completely unrealistic (it was more like the holodeck from star trek), irrelevant to the plot and easy to cleanly chop out.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i would trim about 5 minutes off of the water battle at the end of Thunderball.... it sort of just chugs along - and wtf was up with the shot of crab? i would tighten all that up considerably...

there are some bits in the middle of OHMSS that I would trim out - probably the second girl he beds after Ruby.. it wasn't integral to the plot (neither was Ruby for that matter) but at least her scene set up how Blofeld was brainwashing them...

i would edit out all the dumb humor in TMWTGG - including all the mess with JW Pepper, and reshoot the film as a Hitchcockian style cat and mouse thriller, rather than the slop it was..

Moonraker would've never gone to space if I had my way... the final battle would've been at Drax's jungle shuttle base - with Drax's death being him falling into the bay under a shuttle, and the fire from the rockets cooking him alive (not shown obviously)..

in TWINE, I would've taken out the little "emotional moment" Bond has with Elektra's body after he kills her... - i would've edited it so he goes from saying "I never miss." to him walking over and jumping down to the sub...

I would edit DAD out of existence.. but no amount of reedits could save that film - it would need a total rewrite and reshoot... editing it down to only the good parts means you only got 1 hour of film..

QOS's action sequences would've been handled better... i have no problem with fast paced and quick action scenes - provided that we can see what is going on the entire time lol...... not as much globe trotting - opera sequence might have been extended by another 2-3 minutes.... and a little more exposition surrounding the Tierra Project... thats it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I agree about the VR scenes in DAD. Most of the film I can handle but the VR goggles are simply beyond ridiculous.