Just curious (Bond actors opinions on their successors)

2»

Comments

• ps - unless it's the LARK commercial (which was actually a tie in with LTK from '89)
  • Oh... damn. Yeah I did mean the Lark one. Looks like I've been misinformed! I could have sworn somebody told me that was from '94/ 95. My mistake!
    When George took a cheap shot at Pierce Brosnan after DAD was in theaters, he was still coming off bitter, because he only made one Bond film. I remember Pierce shot back at George & told him "Don't get mad because you only did one Bond film" You know me, I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. So he's my favourite in the franchise. So when I heard George Lazenby's snippy remark, It pissed me off, because I thought it was uncalled for. And Sir Roger Moore was not to high on QOS. Moore said he didn't know what was going on (Plot wise) in QOS.
    And Sir Roger Moore was not to high on QOS. Moore said he didn't know what was going on (Plot wise) in QOS.

Yes, and it was mentioned here before. It's criticism of the movie, though, so it's a completely different matter. He has had nothing but praise for the actor.

Tuulia wrote:
    And Sir Roger Moore was not to high on QOS. Moore said he didn't know what was going on (Plot wise) in QOS.

Yes, and it was mentioned here before. It's criticism of the movie, though, so it's a completely different matter. He has had nothing but praise for the actor.

Exactly. :)
    TheHotMess wrote:
    Roger Moore wasnt a fan of Dalton either. He complained that Dalton's films were "far too dark" for his likings.

So he wasn't a fan of the chosen direction, he had similar critism on FYEO in which he starred so do you think he wasn't a fan of Roger Moore??

People mistake critism on a movie with critism on their fellow thespian. I doubt sincerely that Roger Moore has any critism on his fellow Bonds I think it would be the opposite since Roger Moore has always chosen to not say anything rather than badmouth a collegue.

I don't believe Moore ever said he disliked the Dalton films. It was actually mentioned when he was doing the Bond on Bond tour that he had finally watched one of the Timbo films and he praised Dalton highly.
    ^ Last I heard Roger hadn't even seen them anyway! (So he says)
  • ^ Last I heard Roger hadn't even seen them anyway! (So he says)

A common PR tactic in the film industry is to claim that you haven't seen a certain film - this means that you don't have to give your opinion on it. It's a double-edged sword really - praise your successor and the press can spin it that even you think you weren't very good, but if you offer anything less than outstanding praise then you can be painted as being bitter.