How do you think Sirs Sean and Roger would have performed if they had done a movie together?

edited April 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 224
Of course, I'm not talking about a Bond movie.....but any movie? I know that Sean and Michael Caine were in a movie together as was Caine and Roger in another. It seems the chemistry was great in those pairs. I think that Connery and Moore together in a feature would have been good box office. That was a missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Interesting! They didn't, did they? Hmmm. Sean was with Michael Caine in The Man Who Would be King - great film. I am not sure, but my instinct says with the right role - and maybe some humor in it, too - they could have been great together.
    I believe there was some talk about Connery, Moore and Caine starring in some kind of adventure epic but this obvioulsy didn't materialise.

Connery and Moore as some kind of bantering/bickering double act would have been superb!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Talking of which - has there been any movie with atleast 2 of the 6 Bond's ?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Connery and Caine starred in The Man Who Would Be King & A Bridge Too Far
    Moore and Caine starred in Bullseye

As for films starring at least 2 of the Bond, hasn't happened yet.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    As for films starring at least 2 of the Bond, hasn't happened yet.

That's just criminal !! in the 43 years that there's been atleast 2 actors who played James Bond, I'm astonished no one thought of pairing 2 of them together in a film !

Sean and Roger are two polar opposites of acting. Caine is the bridge between the two but Caine struggled with Rog in Bullseye - a total turkey.

As much as I loved Rog he would have come off mauled up against Sean...
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    BondvsBond.jpg

Sir Rog and Sir Sean enjoy a cigar and a glass of wine while thinking of a good story for their film.........

sean-connery-roger-moore.jpg

Sir Rog and Sir Sean compose the theme for their movie !!

connery-sean-photo-xl-sean-connery-and-roger-moore-6208630.jpg

Sir Rog and Sir Sean are scouting a nice location for their film !!
    actonsteve wrote:
    Sean and Roger are two polar opposites of acting. Caine is the bridge between the two but Caine struggled with Rog in Bullseye - a total turkey.

As much as I loved Rog he would have come off mauled up against Sean...

Sean Connery the titan of character acting!
    How about a comedy road trip with all of them? Now that would be worth the Box office ticket! ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, he's that awesome he could be Spanish or Russian and still keep his Scottish accent...oh wait a minute...
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Depending on the script and the director, I think a Connery/Moore buddy movie could've worked.
    For what it's worth, Connery and Moore are said to have been friends for some time off screen. Not exactly best buddies forever, but still on reasonably good terms. Rumour has it at the time of OP and NSNA Connery supposedly 'leaked' his fee to Moore. And Moore was said to immediately get to Broccoli via his agent to renegotiate his own. That kind of story points to a healthy chemistry between Moore and Connery and I could see them do both, a lighter comedy adventure as well as a more serious thriller.

Strangely, now that I think of the two together I keep seeing them in a Western, ranging from A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS-like though gunslinger action to something like BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. Really a missed opportunity there.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Moved from 'News' to 'General'
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I see them in a great art heist caper! With Caine as the inspector who catches (or doesn't catch) them.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Roger Moore was cast in A Bridge Too Far but had to reluctantly drop out due to other commitments (probably Spy). That would have secured a Moore/Connery film albeit in totally different scenes ;)