Your first Bond film

edited April 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 172
Please write your first Bond film, impressions, where and when you saw it.

My first Bonds are two GoldenEye and Die Another Day. (At first, I watched only PTS and Monte Carlo in GoldenEye).
I see it in 2007 in my country national television, LTV.

(but I became Bond fan just half a year ago)

Comments

• It's funny how you say "please write your first Bond film", then you say "My FIRST Bonds are TWO".
    Because I mean they both are the first.
  • How can two movies equal one?? Since you mention you only saw about the first 20 minutes of GE (which by the way means "GoldenEye"}. Does that mean you saw a little bit of DAD as well?? So I'm assuming you watched GE COMPLETELY, sometime after 2007, so this would make GE, your first Bond movie experience. Why mention your SECOND movie at all?

DAD was first my whole Bond film. Also in 2007.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    My first faint memories of Bond would be TMWTGG premiere on ITV which this site

http://eustonfilms.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/james-bond-in-uk-audience-facts-figures.html

shows as being 1980 so I would have been 5. I only really recall the golden gun and naked women in the titles (probably got distracted by toys - it was xmas day after all!)

My first real film that I watched all the way through then would be TSWLM in 1982.
    I saw "Thunderball" when I was six years old in 1976. It was the Sunday Night Movie on ABC. I was sitting in front of the tube as the Disney show ended, then suddenly, "Tonight, on the Sunday Night Movie!" Badat dada dadada (Exploding boats, cool Connery and beautiful Domino fill the screen). My world forever changed in that moment (and I'm a girl). I turn to my mom whose across the hallway, and ask, "Mom, can I watch this movie?" She turns and looks at at the TV, shrugs and says, "Sure, there's nothing wrong with it...." Little did she know the monster she just created. Been madly in love with all things Bond and Fleming ever since........ And it never gets old.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 1,856
    LALD in again '07. Then i basically watched all the other 21 in random order week-after-week. Ending with TMWTGG. (QOS excluded)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    TND, in the summer of '05. It was after all of my friends had talked about Bond after a long time, i decided to watch it on television a friday evening, i was then 8 years old. And to see Brosnan in Hamburg sitting and drink at his hotel room and then have sex with a girl and then just a few minutes later being in action was amazing! I will never forget it.

But i have some memories that i saw FRWL when i was like 4 years or something and saw Bond and Tatiana at the hotel room in Venice.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2012 Posts: 10,512

I remember watching the AVTAK premiere listed on here. I'd just turned 6 at the time and I remember it being on too late (school night) but after reading a school book to my mum and thinking I was off to bed she said 'Ok, as you've read so well you can watch James Bond' - It's one of my earliest and most vivid memories.

I was obviously already into Bond, my mum said I was around 3 when I started watching them but I still don't know which was the first I ever watched. I would guess it was a Moore.

TLD. I think I was about 5. I didn't understand the plot at all but I loved all the action sequences. I was blown away by how cool Dalton was. I thought he must have the coolest job in the world.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    GE when I was 10. I thought the film was the most epic and awesome thing I ever saw !! Of course I didn't know about Sir Rog back then.... once I did, he knocked my pants down when I saw TMWTGG !!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894
    YOLT on VHS, when I was 9. It may not star my favourite Bond, but I still feel compelled to defend it.
    Of course I didn't know about Sir Rog back then.... once I did, he knocked my pants down when I saw TMWTGG !!

An eye watering encounter, I bet. ;)
    RC7 wrote:

I remember watching the AVTAK premiere listed on here. I'd just turned 6 at the time and I remember it being on too late (school night) but after reading a school book to my mum and thinking I was off to bed she said 'Ok, as you've read so well you can watch James Bond' - It's one of my earliest and most vivid memories.

I was obviously already into Bond, my mum said I was around 3 when I started watching them but I still don't know which was the first I ever watched. I would guess it was a Moore.

Unless I'm much mistaken didnt they interrupt this premiere with the half an hour of news at ten?

Wound me right up at the time but thats ITV for you. The way they used to cut Bond films was a joke.
    GE when I was 10. I thought the film was the most epic and awesome thing I ever saw !! Of course I didn't know about Sir Rog back then.... once I did, he knocked my pants down when I saw TMWTGG !!

Come on DC007, we all know Sir Rog would have judo chopped your pants down!

The first one I saw was LALD, I was very young but I'm pretty sure this was leading up to the UK TV premiere of AVTAK, I was about 7 or 8.
    My first bond film was The Spy Who Loved Me. A friend of mine showed to me in a VHS tape. Loved everything of it, the set, the plot, the script and of course Bond.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Come on DC007, we all know Sir Rog would have judo chopped your pants down!

How did you know ? ;)
    0iker0 wrote:
    My first bond film was The Spy Who Loved Me. A friend of mine showed to me in a VHS tape. Loved everything of it, the set, the plot, the script and of course Bond.

Are you sure it wasnt Americas Strongest Man?
  • Either a VHS or a TV screening of Live And Let Die. My first enduring Bond memory is certainly Rog at the crocodile farm.
    0iker0 wrote:

I'm sorry for my stupidity, but I don't get the joke.
    So none of you saw your 1st Bond film in a cinema then?

It's such a shame that your first introduction to the world of 007 was via a small screen with adverts and cuts made to the movie. In my school years it was seen as a badge of honour if your parents took you to a Bond film at the flicks. Your parents must be monsters!!
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    bondsum wrote:

It's such a shame that your first introduction to the world of 007 was via a small screen with adverts and cuts made to the movie. In my school years it was seen as a badge of honour if your parents took you to a Bond film at the flicks. Your parents must be monsters!!

I got interested in Bond between TWINE and DAD, so there was no other way for me than to discover my first film on VHS/TV.
    bondsum wrote:

I think the first one I would really been old enough to go and see at the cinema would LTK in 89 but that was a 15 and I was only 7.
    bondsum wrote:

I saw mine at the cinema :)
    edited April 2012 Posts: 9,117
    0iker0 wrote:
    0iker0 wrote:

Its classic Partridge.

TMWTGG when I was 10. My dad had a complete VHS collection from DN to LTK (I think this VHS-release came out before GE), which caught my interest when I was about 2 or 3 years old. So, my interest with Bond really started with those wonderful covers by Robert McGinnis and others. Looking back, TMWTGG was a great introduction to the Bond series, and a movie I still enjoy.
    bondsum wrote:

I saw mine at the cinema :)

Good. I've seen all the Bonds on the big screen at sometime or other. Even the early 60's ones as Double Bills re-released in the 70's. My first was OHMSS just after New Year in the cinema. Needless to say it was what got me hooked on the whole Bond thing and I immediately pestered my parents to take me to see DAF when it came out. I can even recall seeing YOLT double billed with McQueen's Thomas Crown Affair in the early 70's. Now that was an odd pairing.

The first one I saw by myself was TMWTGG in '74 and I had the vinyl soundtrack, which I had purchased beforehand, clasped in my grubby hands throughout the entire performance. You see, I was into John Barry even as a little kid.

Memories are like mulligatawny soup in a cheap restaurant. It is best not to stir them.
    P. G. Wodehouse

Its starting to get a bit disturbing how many of us lost our Bond virginity to TMWTGG. I'm surprised so many of us came back . Maybe 007RogerMoore and DaltonCraig are right after all?

Or perhaps its just more about the age demographic on these boards - a load of blokes on the cusp of middle age trying to nostalgically hang onto their youth?
    Very first Bond film I saw?

Definitely a Brosnan or Connery flick, but I'm not sure which.
    The first I saw in theaters was Die Another Day, at a relatively young age with my parents. Made me cover my eyes :P Then I though it was good, but that soon changed.

Brosnan definitely ushered in the series for me.
    My first real intro to Bond was the GoldenEye N64 video game (which came out in 1997 I think)- before that came out I had no clue who Bond was or had any interest one way or the other. I even remember seeing trailers for the GoldenEye movie and not giving one single damn (if I could time travel I'd go back and knock some sense into me!) I was only 12 then, to be fair.
    So the first movie I saw was of course GoldenEye- it was on VHS by then. I LOVED it and to this day it's still my favorite of the whole series. The first one I saw at the cinemas was Tomorrow Never Dies and I've seen each one opening day ever since!
    Between the game and TND coming out all in the same year, I became a HARDCORE fan practically overnight!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    0iker0 wrote:
    0iker0 wrote:

Its classic Partridge.

=)) =D>

I've never seen that before, because I live in the states. Thank you so much for that!
This discussion has been closed.