Missed casting choices in the past

edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 161
I'm always wondering about the possibility of improving on the old Bond movies. I know it's rather pointless, but it's also fun to imagine a different Bond universe. For instance, I wished they had cast Faye Dunaway at some Bond during the 60s and 70s as a Bond girl, preferably in a more complex role. As much as I love Diana Rigg in the role of Tracy, I cannot help but imagine the stunning Dunaway in her absolute prime (Thomas Crown Affair) would make quite the Contessa.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf1oetsXes1qajn1n.jpg
On top of that I would have loved to see Edward G. Robinson in some kind of villainous role.

I'm sure you have some interesting suggestions as well.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Like I said before, we should have had:
    1. Sir Oliver Reed
    2. Peter Cushing
    3. Madeleine Smith (in a much bigger role)
    4. Susan Denberg
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2011 Posts: 3,262
    Catherine Deneuve as Tracy in OHMSS. No disrespect to Diana Rigg whose Mrs. Bond portrayal I'm quite happy with. However, I think Mlle. Deneuve would have been closer to Ian Fleming's blond, vulnerable, tragic character as written in his OHMSS novel. Plus, she's one of the most classically beautiful(if not THE most beautiful) women in the history of the cinema.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Never getting Jack Palance was a crying shame, but Lee was a great Scaramanga and I love the Dracula movie Palance did instead.