The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards *Biggest Connery Fan Nominees*

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited April 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
This thread is strictly for nominations under the category of Biggest Connery Fan. The rest of the awards will run as thus: Every week two threads concerning two separate categories will be opened, each holding their own nominations. Once we have the nominees for a specific category the mods can either lock it or keep it open. We will go through all the categories getting nominees for each, and then once all categories have nominees I will open up an official thread for each where we vote for the final winner of each individual thread. So, your mission is to vote for nominees for MI6's Biggest Connery Fan, and of course, HAVE FUN! ;)

Comments

This thread is strictly for nominations under the category of Biggest Connery Fan. The rest of the awards will run as thus: Every week two threads concerning two separate categories will be opened, each holding their own nominations. Once we have the nominees for a specific category the mods can either lock it or keep it open. We will go through all the categories getting nominees for each, and then once all categories have nominees I will open up an official thread for each where we vote for the final winner of each individual thread. So, your mission is to vote for nominees for MI6's Biggest Connery Fan, and of course, HAVE FUN! ;)

I´ll nominate you.
    This is hard, everybody seems to love Connery.

I'll go with you @0BradyM0ondfanatic7. You said sean was tougher than chuck norris! now that's a fan!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I nominate @0Brady.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    I guess I could nominate thelivingroyale. You rank Connery second don´t you? Or are we only supposed to nominate people who really have a good chance of winning (no offense, thelivingroyale, but you seem to be a bigger Dalton fan than Connery fan)?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I guess I could nominate thelivingroyale. You rank Connery second don´t you? Or are we only supposed to nominate people who really have a good chance of winning (no offense, thelivingroyale, but you seem to be a bigger Dalton fan than Connery fan)?

I wouldn't nominate me for connery fan. I prefer Dalton.

But please, when it's time for best Dalton fan, feel free to nominate me then :)

• edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082

But please, when it's time for best Dalton fan, nominate me then :)

Oh yes, you will with 100% chance be nominated for Dalton. But is there any other Connery fan as big Brady, or atleast somewhat close to him?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Oh yes, you will with 100% chance be nominated for Dalton. But is there any other Connery fan as big Brady, or atleast somewhat close to him?

@timmer

@timmer

Then we have two nominees. Anyone else?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You'd think more people would be as crazy about the best Bond.

It seems that there are more people who are crazy about Moore. Not strange because... (don´t have to tell you again, I suppose).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am trying to think of more nominees, but it is rather hard. 'Shocking. Positively shocking', as the Master himself would say.
    To quote Moore "It´s your show and all that", but do you really think it´s necessary to have one week to nominate people? I mean we are almost done with the first two already. No offense, of course.
    It's wierd, so many people on here rank connery as the best bond, but when I try to think of who my mind just goes blank.
    @OBrady gets my vote. Sorry but I can't really think of too many nominees either. Maybe it's because Connery pretty much gets a free pass and he's liked by practically everyone. Being a Connery fan doesn't quite make one unique while every other Bond actor has fans split into their own camps.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    To quote Moore "It´s your show and all that", but do you really think it´s necessary to have one week to nominate people? I mean we are almost done with the first two already. No offense, of course.

I didn't think nominees for at least these two categories would be so minute. We can start the Biggest Moore and Dalton fans soon then it seems. I think @Samuel001 is a big Connery fan, so maybe he is a worthy addition to the nominees.
    0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, no contest there!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,622
    Thanks :)>- but most of my Connery ravings were on the old board. I defer to the new-guard of Connery loyalists. Still hopefully waiting though, for the CGI tech to catch-up to the point where perfectly rendered CG video and voice-tracking of Sean can be substituted for Bond in all the non-Sean films. Probably only a few years away. Then all the Bond films can be released in both their original form and their new improved Sean versions. This way all the Bond films can be Connery-Bond films. =D> ^:)^

timmer wrote:
    Thanks :)>- but most of my Connery ravings were on the old board. I defer to the new-guard of Connery loyalists. Still hopefully waiting though, for the CGI tech to catch-up to the point where perfectly rendered CG video and voice-tracking of Sean can be substituted for Bond in all the non-Sean films. Probably only a few years away. Then all the Bond films can be released in both their original form and their new improved Sean versions. This way all the Bond films can be Connery-Bond films. =D> ^:)^

I'll drink to that good sir. Great minds think alike. Our Master will be very happy when our work is done.
    micheline-and-sir-sean-connery.JPG
    ^:)^
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Maybe Connery fans should step forward and argue why they should themselves be nominated?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Good heavens, aren't the majority here Connery fans? I do think so ... he was the first, and truly made it iconic, Bond. I don't think we would be discussing current Bond films if it weren't for Sean. I'm so busy admiring Craig these days and defending Brosnan and dipping into fav Moore films, I admit I have not stepped up and shouted out how great Sean is ... maybe I am taking his greatness as Bond for granted. Sorry, Sean - you are pure gold and led the way for all the rest to come. (No, I am not nominating myself; I am too new and pretty quiet here.) But come on, who always reminds us that Connery was the first and best?

I didn't think nominees for at least these two categories would be so minute. We can start the Biggest Moore and Dalton fans soon then it seems. I think @Samuel001 is a big Connery fan, so maybe he is a worthy addition to the nominees.

Why not? He will perhaps not win, but it won´t do any damage to include an extra guy. Now we seem to have nominated Connery and Lazenby fans.

edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    @Samuel is officially nominated. Any others who love Connery to the point of obsession say it loud and proud. Join our Connery Brotherhood while you're at it, now with free 'Sean is God' T-shirts upon initiation. Nonrefundable, so pick your size carefully! ;)
    How many nominees per category are there usually?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,622
    I do think so ... he was the first, and truly made it iconic, Bond. I don't think we would be discussing current Bond films if it weren't for Sean. I'm so busy admiring Craig these days and defending Brosnan and dipping into fav Moore films, ... maybe I am taking his greatness as Bond for granted. ... Sean - you are pure gold and led the way for all the rest to come...... Connery was the first and best..
    :D
    I duly nominate @4EverBonded. Welcome to the Brotherhood!
    timmer wrote:
    I do think so ... he was the first, and truly made it iconic, Bond. I don't think we would be discussing current Bond films if it weren't for Sean. I'm so busy admiring Craig these days and defending Brosnan and dipping into fav Moore films, ... maybe I am taking his greatness as Bond for granted. ... Sean - you are pure gold and led the way for all the rest to come...... Connery was the first and best..
    :D
    I duly nominate @4EverBonded. Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Correct brother.
    How about @actonsteve? He likes Bond serious, and am sure he holds Sean's Bond work highly.
  • I nominated myself..........
    @Volante joins the nominees ladies and gents.
  • You'd think more people would be as crazy about the best Bond.

I am and wish to be added to the nominee list. Connery was Bond when I saw my 1st Bond movie. He is the GOD of Bond actors and the template for everything Bond should be. The original and the best. When any prospective actor looks at the role, they look at Sir Sean. He's also my all time favorite actor and rules in every movie he's ever been in.

I could write pages and pages testifying to his greatness, but for now this should suffice.

I am and wish to be added to the nominee list. Connery was Bond when I saw my 1st Bond movie. He is the GOD of Bond actors and the template for everything Bond should be. The original and the best. When any prospective actor looks at the role, they look at Sir Sean. He's also my all time favorite actor and rules in every movie he's ever been in.

I could write pages and pages testifying to his greatness, but for now this should suffice.

I nominate @SirHenryLeeChaChing