Films/Actors That Should have been nominated/won at the Oscars

edited March 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 53
Every year there is a large outburst of film fans who are agrivated by the Academy (including myself) because plenty of great films and actors are always snubbed. Also, there are films that SHOULD have won the golden statue. Here's my list:

Christopher Nolan (Best Director, any of his films)
Leonardo DiCaprio (Best Actor-Revolutionary Road/The Departed)
Tom Hardy (Best Actor-Bronson)
Michael Fassbender (Best Actor-Shame__Best Supporting actor-Inglourious Basterds [nominated at least])
Gary Oldman (Best Supporting Actor-The Dark Knight [over shadowed by Heath Ledger])
John Hawkes (Best Supporting actor-MMMM)
David Fincher (Best Director-The Social Network)

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2012 Posts: 12,459
    For me, I could come up with quite a list. But I do understand that's the way it is with competitions, especially the glitzy Oscars.

I would have loved for Gary Oldman to win best actor at this year's Oscars!
    And furthermore:
    Christopher Nolan for director of Inception
    Shawshank Redeption for best picture
    Michael Caine for best actor in Educating Rita (going way back ...)
    Paul Newman, best actor, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (yes, way, way back ...)
    and one of my all time favorites: Peter O'Toole!! For Lawrence of Arabia or My Favorite Year (or take your pick of a few others; he is one of the greatest actors)
    oh I can think of more later ... (as you may see, I am just adding to this one list as I think of them ...)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Hitchcock has never won an Oscar, and I think that is a far bigger travesty than Nolan not getting one.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Hitchcock has never won an Oscar, and I think that is a far bigger travesty than Nolan not getting one.

Oh there are many - and of course Hhitchcock should have won! Easily more than once, and at least for Psycho, don't you think?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Oh there are many - and of course Hhitchcock should have won! Easily more than once, and at least for Psycho, don't you think?

Agreed on Psycho !! :)>-
  • For me, I could come up with quite a list. But I do understand that's the way it is with competitions, especially the glitzy Oscars.

I would have loved for Gary Oldman to win best actor at this year's Oscars!

Exactly! I was hoping for a surprise win at least.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Well said sir. Greatest director of all time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hitchcock is possibly the biggest snubbing in film history. And give Gary Oldman his due!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"