Home Defense Firearm Suggestion..

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited March 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 4,399
I had always thought about purchasing a small handgun for home defense at some point in my life, but today might have just expedited my time table a little - because I was woken up by I believe someone trying to break into my home... I live with my sister - she gave me the whole finished basement as my room - just a little backstory so it makes sense when i explain what happened..... well, i was woken up by what sounded like someone forcefully tapping the glass to the basement window - at the same time, i heard the neighbor's dog barking, and barking, and barking... when i woke up and looked toward the window - there was a man (couldn't make out the face) attemping to pry open the basement window with a screwdriver.... as quickly as i saw him, he was gone - he just got up and left....... i dont scare easy, i'm all 6'1 300 lbs of man (and not all fat either lol) - needless to say i am imposing at first glance - but this has left me a little shaken..

anyway, i have always thought about buying a handgun - and i may actually use my tax return money to purchase one this year... and since i am a Bond fanboy, I have thought about buying a Walther PPK.. this one in fact..

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_55/products_id/61094/Walther+PPKS+.380acp+Stainless,+7+round

i would greatly appreciate any other suggestions from those who own, or know their guns - and what would be best, but also reasonably priced..

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 23,559
    I'm sorry, @Haserot, but this is one step too far for our forum. We don't mind discussing guns in the context of Bond films but the real world won't see any support for firearm use from us.
This discussion has been closed.