Jole Aron Re-Cut & Remixed Trailers - Techno Bond Project

edited June 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 645
Here it is, the first trailer of the series. I started with Live and Let Die, because it was one of my favorite films. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

This is part of the Techno Bond Project, which is a series of re-cut Bond movie trailers to modern Techno or Dubstep styles of music. If you'd like to know more about the Techno Bond Project, please watch the Teaser, which has more information about the genres, artists and remixes used in the series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryC-_osscZg

Some edits were made to the audio tracks, but I don't remix any of the songs myself, I'm only choosing my favorites to edit the trailers. Enjoy!

PS: I understand already if your not a fan of re-mixes, techno, Dustep, then you may not be a fan. :P

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice work @jolearon! I love the editing and ending. I'd suggest just making this your own personal thread so it is easier for the community to find your videos.
    Sounds good. @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Thanks!
    Honestly, It looks like someone had diarrhea over it.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 645
    @Dr_Metz hahaha, I'm actually rendering another version with less "grunge" to see if it will be more clear. I edited it on full-screen originally so I didn't see it so cluttered, I'm working on it. Anyone else feel the same? (I'll post the other version with less "diarrhea" on it haha)
    Alright, I just rendered and uploaded the "less grunge" version.
    Which is better? I'd like to delete on and keep the better one online.
    Thoughts?
  • Dr_Metz wrote:
    Honestly, It looks like someone had diarrhea over it.

A bit harsh that - i loved it - it was different and made me stop and look. V.Good.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    jolearon wrote:
    Alright, I just rendered and uploaded the "less grunge" version.
    Which is better? I'd like to delete on and keep the better one online.
    Thoughts?

I like both but this one is better because you can see what's going on alittle bit more.

@forgotmyusername thanks !
    and @QsAssistant thanks for the input!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes, definitely the new one, because there is more to see and less intrusion from the borders.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I appreciate your feedback, I'm looking to delete one of the videos. Still about half and half in feedback from all over. Thanks!
    Very good stuff here @jolearon! You are extremely talented in trailer-making! Keep up the good work!
  • love the new treatment. inspiring.

@forgotmyusername Thanks.
    I'm debating on what Bond film I should edit a trailer for next, suggestions?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I had to look up what dubstep is. I think it's a very creative concept. I prefer your original version with the orange filter. Throughout that vid, I was thinking about a DAD version with a icy blue filter instead of the orange theme of LALD
    @w2bond great idea, thanks for your feedback!
    SKYFALL TRAILER (REMIXED) - DUBSTEP

Let me know what you think!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I have to say, I love the way you recreate the titles as closely as possible.
    Not feeling it. I love the original too much.
    That is simply awefull.
    I had a look and I had a listen and I wasn't that impressed, didn't do anything for me etc, maybe we should just leave things as they are. Sorry and all
    Well not having the full film at my finger tips I still wanted to create a remixed version of the trailer. I didn't change the titles, or the arrangement of the trailer, I added a few effects to all the scenes, some slight, some more obvious. It's not how I would normally edit/remix a Bond Film Trailer, but I had enough to work with and a song that worked well with it, so I took a stab at it. I do thank everyone for your comments.

I think it's not bad, if you were a fan of Dubstep you may love this, I do keep in mind for many of the true Bond fans on this site, I know the Techno Bond Project is hard to swallow. But I'll revisit this one after I have the full film to work with to create a trailer from scratch like I do the other films. Thanks for the feedback.
    Where are my Dubstep fans??? This is ridiculous! hahaha
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I have to give you props for the remix. I couldn't do that myself. I liked it.. kind of. Perhaps if it followed the trailer, like the beats with the gunshots etc, it'd be improved. But I'm sure a listen separately would be interesting.

It definitely doesn't 'suck', that's too simple minded of someone to say. It took you a skill many of us don't have, it was creative, and I would be keen to see a remix of your remix :)
    Well, coming from you, I say thanks. @JWESTBROOK
    Because you're usually the one who beats me up a bit haha.

I didn't put a quarter of the time I put into the Live and Let die trailer, this Skyfall Remixed Trailer took me about 30-40 mins. Editing to Uploading.
    jolearon wrote:
    SKYFALL TRAILER (REMIXED) - DUBSTEP

Let me know what you think!

Really good work mate. Not as good as your LALD one but still, really cool.
    I'm thinking of going with a Pierce Bond film for the next installment. Suggestions of which one I should work on ? I'm thinking "Tomorrow Never Dies" or "The World is Not Enough."
    Although not apart of the Techno Bond Project, I cut a new trailer for the 1954 Barry Nelson TV Movie, "Casio Royale." I enhanced the colors and sharpened it a bit. The quality is very good compared to everything else I've seen online from the show. Enjoy!