Is 'Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life' based on 'Licence to Kill'

edited March 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 816
This might sound like a weird question, but I was reading about an early draft of Licence to Kill taking place in China. It was meant to feature a bike chase over the Great Wall and a fight scene amongst the terracotta statues. If memory serves, both those scenes where featured in the second Tomb Raider film, Cradle of Life, which also starred Gerard Butler as a James Bond-esque character. Coincidence? Maybe. What do you think?

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Interesting but I haven't seen the Tomb Raider movies in years, so I can't really comment on it. From the sounds of it, though, they may have taken the idea from Bond.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    They may have 'borrowed' a couple of set-pieces from the proposed 'Bond 17' film - rather than LTK.

As for LTK, well, if any film's plot were to based on its plot it'd be rather ironic, given the latter's lack of originality. I mean, if one were being mean he might say LTK's practically a remake of the execrable Arnie flick Raw Deal (watch it and compare the two; it's all there). If he were being mean, that is... :p
    The awful Jolie doesn't even resemble anything like Lara Croft :-<

The only comparison I could make with the 1986 Schwarzenegger fail and License to Kill, was that our old friend Robert Davi was featured in both, that's about it for me

There was no awful shopping mall scene in LTK with people going through windows and shop mannequins used as weapons anyway from what I can recall..
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,699
    The only comparison I could make with the 1986 Schwarzenegger fail and License to Kill, was that our old friend Robert Davi was featured in both, that's about it for me

There was no awful shopping mall scene in LTK with people going through windows and shop mannequins used as weapons anyway from what I can recall..

Actually, both films' plots are very similar. Not to mention the pants production values... ;)