Comments

That's sad.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A true genius.
    R.I.P.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've never been a Star Wars fan, but it is impossible to deny the talent that Ralph had. His imaginative mind was so wonderfully creative and expansive. His artistic touch will be missed, but he has left us a legacy worthy of legends. RIP.
    A couple of my Star Wars friends have informed me that alot of his unused designs have been making their way into that Clone Wars show! That's awesome

RIP to a true artistic genius.
    Man, what a tragedy. As a huge Star Wars fan since I was 4, you never forget the vast expanse of imagination that was put into this epic series.
    I'm more Star Trek than Star Wars of course, but everyone is familiar with the latter and McQuarrie did some mighty fine work on the subject. He was also involved in Close Encounters of the Third Kind and ET the Extra Terrestrial as well. A sad loss for the film industry
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Yup, a sad passing, indeed.

If anyone's interested, our good friend @doubleonothing has blogged on this very subject...

http://doubleonothing.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/a-galaxy-far-far-away-ralph-mcquarrie-star-wars-conceptual-artist-passes-away/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    See ya Ralph. Have fun designing what the next stage of life looks like for us all. (I'm being serious, by the way.)