Comments about changes to user interface, features, etc

2»

Comments

• JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Quoting Bond: Yeah, the "Mark as Viewed" link isn't working anymore.
    There was a performance issue with the update so we've had to hide it away again for a little bit.
    Will the old avatar images ever be made available again for the users? There were some great ones, like the literary ones, that I don't know where to find online.

Thanks,
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Has there been any changes to the Jump To First Unread feature? Because something went a bit wrong right now... There were only two unread posts for me, the two first posts of this page, but when I hit the link it took me to the end of page 1...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting JBFan626: Will the old avatar images ever be made available again for the users? There were some great ones, like the literary ones, that I don't know where to find online.
    Like the remainder of the old archive, these are not available to use right now.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Thumbs up to @nick_007 for his How To guide Well done sir! :-bd
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Quoting Luds: Thumbs up to @nick_007 for his How To guide Well done sir!
    Awww, thanks Mr. L!
    :">
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Will the time ever be fixed? The board has just jumped 24 hours in the past again, and it's not the first time it's happened. (I posted this in the 'user feedback' too). It's ridiculous. Everything happened a day before than reality. Every message I received, thread I started are listed in my profile the day before I recieved or started them. It says I created the 'RIP Elizabeth Taylor' topic the day before she died... ridiculous. Even my registeration date is listed as March 13th, when in reality I joined on the 14th. It's like the whole board just moved one day before.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Responding in suggestions thread
    I've been away for a while. How does the quote function work. It seems to quote the whole post. What I would like to do is grab a line or two from from one or more posts.
    Is there a faq that explains how to do this. The help menu I consulted here on the site suggested a pop up box would appear,but that doesn't seem to happen.
  • SeveSeve The island of Lemoy
    Will the time ever be fixed? The board has just jumped 24 hours in the past again, and it's not the first time it's happened. (I posted this in the 'user feedback' too). It's ridiculous. Everything happened a day before than reality. Every message I received, thread I started are listed in my profile the day before I recieved or started them. It says I created the 'RIP Elizabeth Taylor' topic the day before she died... ridiculous. Even my registeration date is listed as March 13th, when in reality I joined on the 14th. It's like the whole board just moved one day before.
    it's clearly a SPECTRE plot designed to drive you mad
    (and it appears to be working)

Muahahahahahaha.....!

Seve said:
    "it's clearly a SPECTRE plot designed to drive you mad
    (and it appears to be working)

Muahahahahahaha.....!"
    The board is defaulting to NZ time I guess. Its a down under conspiracy.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    How does the quote function work. It seems to quote the whole post. What I would like to do is grab a line or two from from one or more posts.
    You'll have to click "Quote" on all the posts you want and then delete the parts that are not needed manually. All the quoted posts will appear in the "Post Comment" so that makes it quite simple I find but if you need any further help @timmer, just ask! :)
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 4,622
    All the quoted posts will appear in the "Post Comment" so that makes it quite simple I find
    Thanks Samuel.
    This bit about all the quoted posts appearing in the same comment is an improvement.

Maybe some day science will invent a simple way to just grab the quotes you want and with the quoted person's name attached too and from multiple messages too. Would be a major breakthrough in message board technology.

I'd nominate the inventor for a Nobel.

• edited May 2011 Posts: 1,497
    All the quoted posts will appear in the "Post Comment" so that makes it quite simple I find
    Thanks Samuel.
    This bit about all the quoted posts appearing in the same comment is an improvement.
    I do miss the "grab a quote" feature from the 1.0 version of mi6 community. It's much easier than having to go in and delete everything you don't want. But I think having both features is nice, if that would be possible. @Luds: any thoughts on this and why the quote grab feature went away?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,986
    @Luds: any thoughts on this and why the quote grab feature went away?
    The grab quote was put in place due to an initial bug with the basic quote link we have now which didn't work in IE at all due to vanilla software's use of java script which fails miserably in IE. Actually I should make it clear that it is IE who fails to properly use java script (you select the quote link, then within about a second, the content appears in the Write comment box). The grab quote was neat and did work in all browsers, the main issue was for IE users again where the start < blockquote > tag was missing its opening < sign which explained why so many posters were not getting the proper result from quotes either. I took it upon myself to fix every broken quote I saw... @-)
    The same fix also resolved other "java" issues, such as when starting a new private conversation (PM) and sending the initial message, after a few seconds the page reloads to the user's PM page and we can now see the sent conversation which was not happening before - it used to be stuck at the message box and users would repeatedly send again as they didn't know what was happening.

James outlined all the resolved issues resulting from the same fix in here.