Babylon 5 Anyone?

edited February 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 2,341
We have discussed many subjects and have been burning up the room with chats and messages on Star Trek. I want to pay homage to a great (and underrated show) Babylon 5.
Like Trek it takes place in the 23 rd century but unlike ST it shows a more cynical view of future Earth.
If there are any B5 fans out there would like to hear from you.
Lets chime in :
your thoughts, feelings on the characters, story arc, etc
Also I like to add that of all shows B5 never 'jumped the shark" but remained true and consistently engaging.
Any fans out there? Lets get it going.

Comments

i remember it well but do not have a great knowledge of it. Londo and Veer always made a good double act. I cannot remember the race? But i recall Andreas Katsulas being the actor? Thought he was brilliant!

And the head of security always reminded me of Bruce Willis for some reason in Die Hard! :D The Shadow thrat were excellent but they cancelled the show over here in the UK so never saw how it all panned out sadly?
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Lando and Veer were Centauri. A shame you never saw how it ended. It ended here back in 1999. they brought it to a successul conclusion.
    Katsulas' character were of the Narn race and his name was G'Kar
    You never caught the fifth season? .
    Sadly not, was disappointed as really enjoyed it. So long ago now that i cannot recall the finale at the end of season 4?
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Not sure of the deal overseas but here in the USA the show was scheduled for cancellation after season 4. they did a finale then another station picked up the show for a fifth season. they had not aired the finale, so they shot the fifth and final season. At the end they dug out the finale filmed the previous year and aired it.
    the show had a lot of class, the creator stuck to his 5 year plan and brought it to a great conclusion.

Claudia Christian who played Susan Ivanova left after Season 4. She was replaced by Traci Scroggins in another role. When they aired the finale, Christian is in that episode since it had been filmed while she was still under contract the previous year. Interesting tidbit.
    Traci Scoggins? I know that name? Wasn't she in Dallas? Looks like we are the only two who remember Babylon 5? lol
    You got it. She was HOT.
    If you recall, Sheridan was the commander at B5. In season 5 he is considered President of the Alliance when B5 broke off from Earth. Ivanova was his 2nd in command and was to be the commander in season 5 but when Claudia Christian left the show they introduced the Scroggins character as Captain...(can't recall her name) and she was the commander of B5.
    In the series finale, it was good to see Claudia Christian (Ivanova). It was 20 years in the future and she was a General...I won't give away anymore in case you get around to watching the finale and season 5. You won't regret it.
  • oo7oo7
    rip commander sinclair