Whitney Houston (1963 - 2012)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 13,350
Whitney Houston has died of causes yet to be determined, at the age of 48.

I'm still in shock at the moment. RIP.

Comments

She's only a few years older as I am.

May she find her peace.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    RIP, a true superstar. Prayers to her family during this time...
  • Saw this the moment I logged on, bit of a shock this, wasn't even aware, she was only 48 years old. She has had some drug problems in her time but the full circumstances haven't been disclosed as yet. This reminds me a bit of the Winehouse passing from last year actually. My sympathies to her family and loved ones
    Probably all the wear and tear done to her body over the years. It takes its toil. She was a great singer. Saving All My Love For You - such a great pop song.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Very sad news. :(

xxx
    All my God. I can't help thinking it must have had something to do with all the drugs she took. She really messed up her life.
  • Was she ever approached at any stage to do a Bond theme, I mean she was active for the best part of the last 25 years so surely with all the good work she did someone may have asked her to perform, now that I think about it she could maybe have done the License To Kill intro although Gladys Knight did a good enough job of it. I would of been interested to see what she could of put together. Whatever the circumstances of her passing the music industry lost a star today, it's a shame she went off the rails a bit at certain stages. She's going to be missed though
    REST IN PEACE WHITNEY

Farewell to a beautiful lady and beautiful voice
    Dolly Parton has lost both her best and worst cover artist. It's a shame, what Whitney did to herself. Such a fine singer destroying herself the way she did.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yet another sad example of what drugs can do. I suspect an overdose, or her body got worn from the way she treated herself. RIP to her, and deep regret for her family and friends.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    One of the greatest voices ever recorded, yet wasted thanks to crack.

RIP.
    Just found out. Very sad. Rip.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bobby Brown better lay low.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I just saw the headlines and was so sad and shocked. What a truly magnificent voice she had, one of the best ever. She will be so missed. Prayers for her family and loved ones.
    Although we know that she has been plagued with personal problems and addictions, it still came as a shock to hear of her death! Thankfully we have alot of wonderful songs to remember her by!

RIP Whitney Houston
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bad news on a Sunday morning.

R.I.P.
    First news when I turned on the radio this morning. Another legend gone in such early :|

RIP Whitney
  • Not a fan, though sympathies to her family.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2012 Posts: 4,447

Rip. Like Michael Jackson/Amy Winehouse a death who whasn't needed if the music who there now going to release release before she died. To save her i haven't mind when she stil has a good voice if there ask her doing a Bond song.

I am afraid Mel Gibson is next.
  • Even though I knew she'd had problems with crack before, this was still a big shock to me, just like amy winehouse dying was last year. I was never a huge fan of her music but still, RIP. All my sympathy to her family.
  • Sad loss of a great singer, sadly so many greats meet an untimely end. She would have been a great choice to have done a Bond song in the 80/90's. RIP Whitney x
    M_Balje wrote:

Rip. Like Michael Jackson/Amy Winehouse a death who whasn't needed if the music who there now going to release release before she died. To save her i haven't mind when she stil has a good voice if there ask her doing a Bond song.

What about Charlie Sheen?

That's a good film, The Body Guard. I watched it again just a few months ago. I think I'll watch it again in a couple of days. What a voice she had and how beautiful she was in her prime.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Not believeble... it's such a great lost to american music.

RIP Whitney. :/
    Very sad news. Great voice who would have graced a Bond film with a belting Shirley Bassey-esque theme tune. In the words of Richard Ashcroft, The Drugs Don't Work!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 4
    RIP Whitney :-((
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Very sad indeed.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    RIP Whitney, a sad day for music.
    Bounine wrote:
    M_Balje wrote:

What about Charlie Sheen?

That's a good film, The Body Guard. I watched it again just a few months ago. I think I'll watch it again in a couple of days. What a voice she had and how beautiful she was in her prime.

I immediately thought, as I was beginning to watch Clint Eastwood's 'The Rookie', that hopefully Sheen won't be the next Whitney. All these relatively young actors / singers are dropping like flies because of their drug abuse. Charlie Sheen might think he's got everything going on for him, but that dude's messed up. Even his girlfriends left him I think, because of the drug abuse and what ever going on in his head.
    i will say i loved whitney as she is top 2 in my female voice artist faves list. i wish she rest in peace now and im sure she will be missed