zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
edited February 2012 in Music Posts: 4,312
I think she watched too much Bond...

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    How can one watch TOO much Bond? (;
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited February 2012 Posts: 4,312
    ;-) The papers today are all over this show today, and some commenters suggest they have heard the perfect Bond title song.
  • I think that it's the production that makes it sound like a "Bond song" more so than the song itself, it that makes sense. It sounds to me like a song for a video game that rips off Bond more than for a Bond film IMHO.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I can't believe I've missed this! Instead I spent my Saturday evening watching CNN... I'm mad at myself ~X( that song is actually not bad al all, it would have been worth it watching the show for this alone.
    I heard it on the radio yesterday. The song sounds very much like a nice Bond song indeed, but the voice doesn´t sound at all like a Bond singer, and this comes from one who enjoyed Another Way to die as much as Goldfinger. It´s a bit of a shame that her singing that song probably disqualifies the song for Bond ;) .
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    like the song - i could picture it having a place in the Bond universe, but not sure if that place would be a film....

in terms of voice - the Bond series has had singers of wide varieties, there's been Bassey to Jones to McCartney to LuLu to Duran Duran to Tina Turner to Sheryl Crow to Madonna to Chris Cornell.. so it's hard to really peg a certain style of voice that would be considered "Bond" sounding... i think it comes more from the music, and how that music blends with the voice, than voice alone.
    I find the voice utterly amateur-ish, contrary to all the singers who did Bond songs.