Diamonds are forever/Die Another Day "Gay/Drag" Connection

edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 15
Die Another Day directed Lee Tamahori who is known for dressing in drag, heavily references Diamonds are forever, a film with gay henchmen and Ernst Stavro Blofeld in Drag. How far dose this conspiracy go?

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Just some words: It's not a conspiracy.

And do not be offended, just asking... You got something wrong with the gay or drag guys in Bond movies?
    masterman wrote:
    Die Another Day directed Lee Tamahori who is known for dressing in drag, heavily references Diamonds are forever, a film with gay henchmen and Ernst Stavro Blofeld in Drag. How far dose this conspiracy go?

Hahaha! I never knew that about Tamahori, so now the connection is really creepy! I hope he didn't meant for that to be the case.
    Do this topic's homophobic undertones rub anyone else the wrong way or is it just me?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yeah, I think it has a negative connotation I am not comfortable with. I mean, it might be interesting tidbit information, but that's all.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm going to close the one up.
    It's got nothing to discuss other than the potentially offensive subject matter.
This discussion has been closed.