Could Nightfire be considered as a 40th's anniversary game?

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited February 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 2,635
I'm wondering it right now, if 007 NF could be considered as an Bond 40th game.. because it was launched at same time as DAD were, and in That year, Bond was completing 40 years of action.
Well, the game has such good memories and has a Moonraker remindscence, at multiplayer it has some of the most classic villains (Although I missed Alec Trevelyan on it), the most classic Scenarios like the Atlantis base, so i might think if it really would be considered as an Anniversary game.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yes. In addition to having items from the most recent film (DAD), it had a plot from a previous film (MR) mixed in with a general location from another film (YOLT), MP characters taken from the whole of the franchise, MP locations taken from the whole of the franchise, plus the likeness of Pierce Brosnan, yep, NightFire was the 40th anniversary's game.
  • Yeah I think it was. It locations and characters from previous films in the multiplayer, the car from the most recent film (DAD) with the abilities of a car from a past film (TSWLM). It also had gadgets like the watch lazer from the films. Yep, nightfire was an anniversary game. And it was better than that years anniversary film.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I suppose you could call it that but it wasn't marketed as such.
    Oh definitely yes! NF is the pinnacle of all James Bond games, and with such a vast array of multiplayer maps, characters, and weapons, there's no doubt that it is the 40th anniversary game!
  • Samuel001 wrote:

This.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    And it was better than that years anniversary film.

It doesn't take much to be better than that piece of filth that was DAD.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 12,837
    And it was better than that years anniversary film.

It doesn't take much to be better than that piece of filth that was DAD.

Yeah, but nightfire was ALOT better. If it was a film it would probably be about 10th on my ranking (loses points because of the space scenes, which were fun, but kinda stupid, plus brosnan didn't give his voice)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i dont recall it ever being marketed as a 40th Anniversary game.... so my opinion is no, regardless of elements from previous films that made it's way into the game - EON had it's share of references as well...

but, connect the dots how you may..
    HASEROT wrote:
    i dont recall it ever being marketed as a 40th Anniversary game.... so my opinion is no, regardless of elements from previous films that made it's way into the game - EON had it's share of references as well...
    Samuel001 wrote:

I respond to you with this.