Favorite Bond rumour

edited February 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,548
Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed but I was thinking earlier of all the best rumours over the years reagrding the Bond franchise. One of my most recent favourites was talk of Al Pacino appearing in QOS as the head of Quanmtum. This would have benefitted the film in my opinion ("say hello to my little piranha fish!" ) rather than the limp villain we ended up with. Any more good ones heard over the years?

Comments

P Diddy stating that he was gonna become a serious actor so he could be in contention for the role of James Bond when DC hangs up his Walther! =))
    I like them all, really. Couldn't pick a favourite. Perhaps that Blofeld returns played by Dick Cheney.
  • About P Diddy-- that gives me an idea: Has anyone given thought to a BLACK actor playing Bond???? (runs and hides)
    Colin Salmon allegedly said that he would like it! Not sure how tongue in cheek it was though?
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 4,813
    All kidding aside, I do remember back in the early 2000's when it was rumored that Robbie Williams had interest in playing Bond-- and there were even photos of him posing with the Thunderball jetpack.

robbie_williams.jpg

It was never serious though- he's just a fan like we are (but with MONEY). He even incorporated a bit of the music from YOLT into his song 'Millennium'
    Way back when, when LALD was filming, I read in a french tabloid that in the movie, Roger Moore would appear entirely nude, except for two pistols held by a string to cover his "naughty bits" (ten points for the reference).

And then there was all the rumours we heard about DAD, about Bond going after an extremist faction of the IRA, and being helped by the "good" IRA. Given that Jean Butler was rumoured to star in the movie, it made sense. But as it turned out, there was no IRA, and Jean's part went to... Madonna. She was lucky, wasn't she? No Razzie on her resumé.
    Love all these. Bond going after the IRA would have been great, albeit politically awkward!
    About P Diddy-- that gives me an idea: Has anyone given thought to a BLACK actor playing Bond???? (runs and hides)

Don't start that again!
  • @LeChiffre Not sure about that idea, it sounds too much like a 'Patriot Games Bond', it's an interesting concept but as mentioned a little awkward to entertain. I wouldn't have minded a sort of Lethal Weapon 2 scenario where Bond is up against some corrupt South African types who did harm to Bond years before and Craig is on some kind of vendetta or something. If the accents were as 'good' as the Germans in TND, it would have been something to see
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The whole Will Smoth for those who can remeber it, on the old MI6, was quite fun. Some people really are nuts!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Definitely Al Pacino as the head of Quantum. That would have been laughably bad. Pacino overacts in everything these days, a shame because he was once great.
  • Back in 2005 when Hugh Jackman was being a runner up for James Bond & currently Michael Fassbender being consider to play James Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    But that Hugh Jackman stuff was true, hence a rumor no longer.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Back in 1990 the Sun reported that all four of the Bonds (Connery, Lazenby, Moore and Dalton) would be working together in the next Bond film. I know it was a really bad idea and would of completley screwed up any sense of continuity but I still would of loved to see them interact on screen together.