Super Bowl XLVI Has Ended! Giants Win! Madonna 1/2 Time Show Vid

edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 5,745
We're about 15 minutes from kick-off of the 46th annual Super Bowl. Hopefully we get an excellent game.

This is the live discussion for all the epic plays we'll (hopefull) witness.
Also, the Super Bowl is almost as famous for its advertisements as its gameplay. Leave your thoughts on what the funniest ad was.

Giants V. Patriots

Who will win?

I'm thinking the Patriots. They're the better team. I'm really indifferent otherwise.

8 minutes left in first quarter
Giants 2 - 0 Patriots

3:30 minutes left in first quarter
Giants 9 - 0 Patriots

13:30 minutes left in second quarter
Giants 9 - 3 Patriots

Half Time
Patriots 10 - 9 Giants

Madanna's Half Time:
T E R R I B L E

11 minutes left in third quarter
Patriots 17 - 9 Giants

7 minutes left in third quarter
Patriots 17 - 12 Giants

1 minute left in third quarter
Patriots 17 - 15 Giants

:57 seconds left in THE GAME!
Giants 21 - 17 Patriots

GIANTS WIN! 21-17
Close attempt at the end by Brady, but no dice.

The (crappy) half-time show from Madonna:

Comments

I hate American football.
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    I hate American football.

Then this isn't the place for you ;)
  • The Ravens won the title about 10 years ago for their only success and beat the Giants that day too if memory serves. NE patriots have dominated for large parts since then. It should be a successful event tonight in the Hoosier state but maybe will sit this one this time out, I'd rather talk about Bond if it's all fine, that's what I came for afterall
    I don't mind it at all, Baltimore.

Just thought some others on the forum would be watching the game. I'll be posting updates on the score and major events of the night, if anyone cares.

Its one click away, but a click you don't need to make ;)
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 268
    00.30 in the middle of the night here in Sweden, after the game I've got like 3 hours to sleep and then go to work. PLEASE DEAR AWESOME-GODS! Make this an awesome game so I dont have to feel like I've wasted a good nights sleep! :P

EDIT: oh, almost forgot: GO GIANTS!!!!!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I feel ya! Whats the lag time to Sweden, as in how delayed is the game? I don't want to spoil anything for you ;)

So far we've had the coin toss and a pretty funny Hyundai "Rocky" commercial.

Oh, BTW, Giants have the ball for the first play.
    I'm not sure, I think its only seconds actually.

We dont get the Ads though :(
    Good. Who do you think will win, Obin?

3rd and 6

Giants 1st down.
    If they dont somehow screw up, Giants for sure, but thats nothing scientifical talking, just my heart talking, as Patriots is one of the two NFL teams I really despise hehe (the other one being Packers).
    obin_gam wrote:
    If they dont somehow screw up, Giants for sure, but thats nothing scientifical talking, just my heart talking, as Patriots is one of the two NFL teams I really despise hehe (the other one being Packers).

I tend to root for the underdog. I usually go for the Colts, the Cowboys, the Cardinals, and the Panthers just because that's all the places I've lived :P

But the closest I've come to a dream superbowl was the Arizona Cardinals in '08 (I think it was)

And wow! Manning got sacked twice! Gonna be a good game of back and forth.
    How stupid could the Patriots be for having 12 on the field.

I bet you thats gonna give the Giants 7.

EDIT: YEP!

Giants 9 - 0 Patriots
    hehe hellis yeah not a bad start of the game :-bd
    obin_gam wrote:
    hehe hellis yeah not a bad start of the game :-bd

Pats look terrible out there!

Do you get all the amazing advertisements too? Or local ads?
    No I only get local ads :( But google is a lot of help when looking for them. The Hundai one with the vampires was quite amusing hehe
    obin_gam wrote:
    No I only get local ads :( But google is a lot of help when looking for them. The Hundai one with the vampires was quite amusing hehe

Yea. Hyundai so far have had the only good ones. Look for them on YouTube when they go live later tonight. (Or morning for you!)

If you get the ads, would you be so kind as to post when Volkswagens ad has aired? The Star Wars-ad last year has me thinking they've got something huge this time! And also when The Avengers trailer is aired would be nice to know so I can run to youtube and try to find it.
    obin_gam wrote:
    If you get the ads, would you be so kind as to post when Volkswagens ad has aired? The Star Wars-ad last year has me thinking they've got something huge this time! And also when The Avengers trailer is aired would be nice to know so I can run to youtube and try to find it.

It literally just aired. They've had it on YouTube for about a week though ;) :

Ah nice! Last years was better though, but the dog was cool!
    obin_gam wrote:
    Ah nice! Last years was better though, but the dog was cool!

I actually would have liked it better without the Star Wars thing at the end. Seemed a little last minute to me.

I bust out laughing in the scene where the dog is looking in the mirror though. Gets me every time.
    obin_gam wrote:

Do you guys have (swedish) commentators talking between the breaks and the commercials?

obin_gam wrote:

Do you guys have (swedish) commentators talking between the breaks and the commercials?

Yep, they are apparently "experts", complete with their own (boring grey) studio and everything. But I usually zone out and surf the web during the breaks hehe
    Okay seriously that was AWESOME! Much more exiting now with a cliffhanger during Madonna!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 17,295
    obin_gam wrote:
    obin_gam wrote:

Yep, they are apparently "experts", complete with their own (boring grey) studio and everything. But I usually zone out and surf the web during the breaks hehe

Same here in Norway. The two previous years have been excellent, though. The broadcasting rights were lent out to another chanal with much better commentators.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,629
    If it ain't the Cardinals, I don't care who wins.

Madonna is performing the halftime show.

I've switched to the Puppy Bowl.
    When aprox. will Madonna start? I'm guessing the'll need som time for preperation and stuff before.

EDIT: whats puppy bowl?!?!!
    Kerim wrote:
    If it ain't the Cardinals, I don't care who wins.

I hear ya!
    obin_gam wrote:
    When aprox. will Madonna start? I'm guessing the'll need som time for preperation and stuff before.

EDIT: whats puppy bowl?!?!!

And right now :P
    Oh. My. God. Wha.. what is that? Why an Egyptian theme?!

I guess its your typical Madonna show? Buncha gay guys dancing in tights around her while she lip syncs.
    ugh, if she could just stop with the stupid choreography maybe she could sing better and make this an actual good thing?

as always less is more - aka. Bruce Springsteens performance a couple of years ago!
    obin_gam wrote:
    ugh, if she could just stop with the stupid choreography maybe she could sing better and make this an actual good thing?

as always less is more - aka. Bruce Springsteens performance a couple of years ago!

True words.

What was that lap cartwheel. And.. did I hear LMFAO?

What is this?

EDIT: Yep, LMFAO. More like WTF!?!
  • If Ciccone performs as bad at half time as she did for Die Another Day the stadium will resemble rats on a sinking ship