What's Your Favourite Song?

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,635
Well, Title says it all. (Not Bond-relationated songs.)

Mine's Mariah Carey - Without You.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    American Pie by Don McLean. A beautiful 8 minutes and 28 seconds, that captures the sadness of the times when dealing with Buddy Holly and fellow musicians dying in a plane crash, and encompassing just how it felt 'the day the music died'. It will forever be my favorite song. It dots pop culture and history throughout its wonderful lyrics, and is sang so soulfully by Mclean. McLean even dedicated his 1971 album American Pie(matching the lead song) to Buddy Holly. A true American song that I could listen to all day and am proud to say I have fully memorized. :)>-

P.S. Weirdly enough, this past Friday was the anniversary of the deaths of Buddy Holly, along with Ritchie Valens and J.P. Richardson in a plane crash. Holly and several musicians were on a tour during which the temperature outside was -25 *F. Hauntingly, fellow musician Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the cursed plane, prompting Holly to say 'I hope your ol' bus freezes up!". Jennings answered "Well, I hope your ol' plane crashes!". His words that day had haunted him all his life. A sad, sad day, and a tragic event that gave us American Pie, one of the greatest songs ever recorded, and as I said, my personal favorite.
    As of right now, it is Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones. I just love this song! Mick Jagger is at the top of his game on this 1971 song, as well as Keith Richards and especially Charlie Watts crashing those drums! Also, that saxophone solo in the middle of the song is one of The Rolling Stones' best, followed by their sax solo in Miss You.