What happened to 002 in The Living Daylights?

edited February 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 581
i was thinking what ever happened to 002- Bill Fairbanks in The Living Daylights after he got shot with the paintball gun
some books said that he was killed but im not sure

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    um... chances are that was a completely different 002 other than Bill Fairbanks, who was killed by Scaramanga in 1969.

i doubt the other 00's maintain the same continuity as 007 does - so the fact that it being a man who was killed years earlier I find very unlikely.

but to answer your question.... I guess after being shot with the paintball, and subsequently taken out of the exercise, he was taken down to the guard station for a spot of tea and perhaps some chit chat until the game was over.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, I bet 002's just fine.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    002: "That damn 007 always gets the good action!"
    I bet M fired 002 after his embarrasing incompetance at Gibralter!
    echo wrote:
    002: "That damn 007 always gets the good action!"

I feel sorry for 008 as he was on stand by to replace Bond in Goldfinger....but like always Bond got the job done.
  • Am I right in saying a 002 never even appeared in the Bond novels, It just got me thinking

Even then the character only appeared once or twice in the films and the author has been told that Fairbanks 002 was killed by Scaramanga in Golden Gun so therefore it could hardly be the same person in Daylights, merely another agent assigned the same number

Am I right in saying a 002 never even appeared in the Bond novels, It just got me thinking

Even then the character only appeared once or twice in the films and the author has been told that Fairbanks 002 was killed by Scaramanga in Golden Gun so therefore it could hardly be the same person in Daylights, merely another agent assigned the same number

Yeah, this has happened before. 003 was seen dead in Siberia in AVTAK's PTS, and then in Everything or Nothing (game, I know), Bond searches for 003 and then later finds him dead, shot by Diavolo. Also, in GF, as previously mentioned by @Kananga, M threatens to replace Bond with 008. The same thing happens in TLD, when M thinks that Bond is going to take the Pushkin mission to personally.
  • GAMES UP MATE...YOU'RE DEAD.
  • I'm sure when a OO Agent gets killed, he's replaced. OO7 however has never been killed and has always been one man. Simple as that
    gaz4007 wrote:
    GAMES UP MATE...YOU'RE DEAD.

I love the other guy who shoots Dalton and yells after him 'Hold on, you're dead!!'. Poor guy thought they were still playing!

I love the other guy who shoots Dalton and yells after him 'Hold on, you're dead!!'. Poor guy thought they were still playing!
    [/quote]

The soldier who shouts "Hold on your dead" to Dalton is stuntman Paul Weston, who doubled for Dalton in TLD and worked on a number of other Bond films!!
    Just a little bit of info!!!! :D
  • gaz4007 wrote:
    GAMES UP MATE...YOU'RE DEAD.

:))

It's all so boring here, Margo - there's nothing but playboys and tennis pros... If only I could find a real man...
    002 Fail.