Never Say No Moore...

edited February 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 3
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7167/6784726601_8054946928_m.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmarczewski/sets/72157625205018660/with/6784725107/

What if Roger Moore had carried on his role as Bond in an unofficial run of films, just as Sean Connery did with his return as Bond in Never Say Never Again...

Comments

• Clonemaker made me chuckle. i want to see all those movie's.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Roger Moore doing an unofficial Bond film alongside a Craig film... The Craig film will win, no matter the nostalgic value of Moore.
    He did 7!!! And he would not have done such a terrible thing to his friend Cubby Broccoli. IMHO.
  • No, Moore for me should be remembered only for his work in an official capacity. I'm watching (one of his better) Bond films right now as we speak in actual fact. I certainly wouldn't have wanted Moore to carry on after 1985 doing spoof Bond adventures, I can't even take it seriously (a bit like Roger's final appearances)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    For Your Eyes Only?
  • Yes, it is For Your Eyes Only

We're at the Ski-ing bit now where Moore (stuntman) goes on that amazing sequence with all the bad guys on his tail.

Moore's last truly good Bond adventure without question, if only he had made way after it
    I enjoyed Octopussy and AVTAK as well, so I find it great that the excellent Moore did more.
  • @SaintMark Sadly I can't concur, the final two Moore outings are mainly played for laughs, here at least there's a definite sense of things being played with a straight face. I don't have an issue with the man as James Bond but merely feel in hindsight he should of stepped down in 1981 as he originally considered, it just got into farcical territory thereafter
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 6,432
    I find octopussy easy to watch, admittedly i am a roger moore fan, saint, persuaders etc. roger always plays roger, bar the odd exception, The naked face comes to mind. O P has its moments. though the jungle scene pretty much sums the movie up.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    I would just wait until CGI becomes so good that it really looks like Roger Moore. Then again, why stop there? you could do stuff like a Lazenby DAF, or a Connery OHMSS, and you wouldn't need them in the flesh, just their voices.
  • They might as well have had Weissmuller do the Tarzan Yell at the time and swing through the trees, it couldn't have been any less embarrassing, the only good thing to come out of that sequence was when Moore quips 'No mam, I'm with the economy tour', that was a genuine laugh out loud moment

• They might as well have had Weissmuller do the Tarzan Yell at the time and swing through the trees, it couldn't have been any less embarrassing, the only good thing to come out of that sequence was when Moore quips 'No mam, I'm with the economy tour', that was a genuine laugh out loud moment

Made me chuckle just remembering that scene. its a film i watch and tend to try and will it to be better. It could have been alot better.
  • It's most redeeming qualities are the astrojet teaser, some interesting villains, the knife throwing siblings, Gobinda etc, some really interesting set pieces such as the race to the US air base in Germany, the train ride across country, and admittedly Moore does play in serious albeit in very short supply. Lame ending with the Madga girls and guards and airplane finale though. Credit too for Rita Coolidge in giving us a memorable theme song. I saw it on it's original release but over the years my appreciation of it has become somewhat eroded
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 6,432
    Some of the cinematography is stunning, especially in india. magda's acting and slightly off lip sinc is hilarious. as for the scene chase sequence with the tennis crowd sound effects, lame.
    Some of the cinematography is stunning, especially in india. magda's acting and slightly off lip sinc is hilarious. as for the scene chase sequence with the tennis crowd sound effects, lame.

Yeah, that taxi chase is the one part of the movie that I absolutely hate! It's full of cheese and cringe-worthy moments. Thank goodness the rest of the movie was awesome, because this scene sticks out like a sore thumb!
  • 00Beast wrote:

Yeah, that taxi chase is the one part of the movie that I absolutely hate! It's full of cheese and cringe-worthy moments. Thank goodness the rest of the movie was awesome, because this scene sticks out like a sore thumb!

Its not my favourite by quite a bit, though was first bond movie i saw at cinema, and i love roger moore i can't knock it too much. despite its many faults it is fun to watch,
    00Beast wrote:

Its not my favourite by quite a bit, though was first bond movie i saw at cinema, and i love roger moore i can't knock it too much. despite its many faults it is fun to watch,

On my initial viewing of OP, I hated it and put it at the bottom of my list. However, as time went on, I grew to like OP, and now it sits at #4 in my rankings. It's just so epic and amazing! The locations, the villains, the action, the storyline, and Roger Moore! Just so much to get involved in!
  • 'Thank god for hard currency', 'Rupeeeeeeees' , 'You'd better put this back yourself' etc

Yes even for Moore standards it was an ill advised sequence, admittedly it's quite entertaining but by the same token just feels somewhat out of place, it does goes worse however as we get Croc' machine 007, Bond in a hot air balloon, clown 'fit and an ageing Llewelyn being besieged by a group of scantically clad women about a third of his age, always found it all a bit hard to digest sometimes. Entertaining possibly but on a credible scale sadly lacking.
    'Thank god for hard currency', 'Rupeeeeeeees' , 'You'd better put this back yourself' etc

Yes even for Moore standards it was an ill advised sequence, admittedly it's quite entertaining but by the same token just feels somewhat out of place, it does goes worse however as we get Croc' machine 007, Bond in a hot air balloon, clown 'fit and an ageing Llewelyn being besieged by a group of scantically clad women about a third of his age, always found it all a bit hard to digest sometimes. Entertaining possibly but on a credible scale sadly lacking.

That's the good thing about the world of 007, credibility isn't much of an issue!
  • Think it just illustrates that we look for different things when watching a bond movie. the series has endured due to its diversity.
    Think it just illustrates that we look for different things when watching a bond movie. the series has endured due to its diversity.

Yes, indeed it has! We can go from Cold War thrillers of FRWL and TLD, to campy over-the-top sci-fi like DAF or MR, or gritty, dark action like LTK or GE. The cool thing is, they're all going to turn out in someone's favor, no matter what.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!

Awesome, so awesome!

MR is crying out to be transferred to 3D and shown at every IMAX in the world bar none. Clearly... \m/

;)