MGW - "Daniel Craig plays Bond like Connery"

12346»

Comments

• Craig moves like Connery. He's the only other one who's got the panther-like walk. And he's got a rugged, animal-magnetism that's reminiscent of Connery.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I still don't see it. I think Craig has a bit of Dalton (both are darker Bonds and both do lots of their own stunts), and Lazenby (probably the best 2 in the fight scenes), but not Connery.
  • In that sense yes. They do have that in common. But I think Craig has the swagger that Dalton never had, as good as he was. In that he's much more reminiscent of Connery to me.
  • Craig moves like Connery. He's the only other one who's got the panther-like walk. And he's got a rugged, animal-magnetism that's reminiscent of Connery.

Yes, he indeed has all of those Connery attributes. He also does his one liners very close to early Connery, drops them in and lets the audience laugh while he moves on to the next line.

Yes, he indeed has all of those Connery attributes. He also does his one liners very close to early Connery, drops them in and lets the audience laugh while he moves on to the next line.

Good observation @SirHenryLeeChaChing. I think you're correct about that.
    I think that Craig patterns his performance after Connery, and that's a good thing.

At least the guy's in shape and does as much of his own stuff as he can. Watching Roger Moore's stunt doubles were not the best thing for the franchise, nor watching him wheeze up the stairs in FYEO.