Dr No: The shortest screentime of any Bond villain!

2»

Comments

• Jeroen Krabbe's character didn't really deserve to die, you could see throughout the film that he was as tame as a mouse and was more comic effect than anything else and wasn't what you could describe as nasty or malevolent unlike some of the other adversaries about of the time. One thing I like at the end of The Living Daylights, and I do think the Whitaker death is quite neatly done, is the moment Dalton is done, some guard comes in at the very second and tries to kill him only for one of Pushkins own to take the other out at the very last second, it's all a bit too convenient to watch sometimes, next time you watch this entry you will see what I'm getting at. Joe Don Baker worked in this for me, but his Jack Wade character of the 1990s did get on one's nerves rapidly after his initial appearances. I suppose it was feasible with Koskov surviving this release that he may well have made a subsequent appearance in a later film as himself but they never went ahead with it, good job really as I found his character a bit ridiculous sometimes
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DN can be discussed here.
This discussion has been closed.