Javier Bardem Says Adios to 'Despicable Me 2'

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited January 2012 in Actors Posts: 13,350
Javier Bardem was in negotiations to voice the lead bad guy in Despicable Me 2, the sequel to Universal and Illumination’s surprise 2010 hit. He was going to voice a villain called El Macho but the two sides have parted ways and the part is now up for grabs.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lily-collins-evil-dead-javier-bardem-despicable-me-284552

The news that Bardem was in talks for the role first broke in October last year:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/javier-bardem-despicable-me-sequel-244603

Comments

Bardem turns down roles because he doesnt like the script. The same thing happened with Wall Street 2. Makes me feel good about Skyfall
    yep, i have heard too that JB is very particular about the movies he is associated with! Good for him if you can afford too? And also good for him in signalling that we have a very good script for Skyfall!
    As long as he's more of a threat than Dominic Greene and more like Mads Mikelson in terms of classic Bond villainy than I'll be happy
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Bardem turns down roles because he doesnt like the script. The same thing happened with Wall Street 2. Makes me feel good about Skyfall

Indeed, this is a very big reason to be optimistic for Skyfall. The script and resulting film must truely be one the very best in Bond history.

On the other hand, this does not bode well for Despicable Me 2. I really rather enjoyed the first film. :((
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,451
    Javier Bardem should have finish his voice before February 2013. Despicable Me 2 release date is kind of worldwide in July 2013. If Bardam is finished with Skyfall filming in June 2012 and also must prote the movie in October-December he mabey don't have the time to do Despicable Me 2 or he is tired.

There can delay the movie, because for example the release date in The Netherlands of the first movie whas October 2010 whyle the Vs release date whas June.

The studio of course whant close as the trick with Shrek 2. Released in the month's May, June and July 2004 and introducing a chacter played by American/Spanish actor (Antonio Banderas for Shrek 2)