If 'James Bond' weren't his name...

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited January 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
...Which one could it be?
No polls, just a "wonder".
And although the question, I don't have an option tho.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I think it's best to look for more 'dull' names of authors from 1952, whose books Fleming may have had lying around.
    Well, Fleming wanted a nondescript, bland name for the character...

John Brown?
    Agent005 wrote:
    Well, Fleming wanted a nondescript, bland name for the character...

John Brown?

You mean Brown........John Brown????

Nahhhhhhh! :-p
    Or maybe something ending with Jones... Henry Jones, perhaps. ;)
    Make him a Doctor, give him a whip and you might be onto a winner ;-)
    Haha.

Trevelyan, Alec Travelyan...

John Beaumont sounds nice.
    Mr. Beech.
    David Somerset ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ...Peter Franks... :D
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    David Jones or David Smith? They sound like fairly dull names.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    David Jones...

I like this one. He could call himself Ziggy Stardust when he goes undercover.
    Agent005 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    David Jones...

I like this one. He could call himself Ziggy Stardust when he goes undercover.

I wonder what song he'd sing as he's going into space with Holly Goodhead? ;)
    simon bell
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Apricot Jones. That's a detective-type name though.
    We could just call him Mittens.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Holden McGroin
    St_George wrote:
    Holden McGroin

Genius.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I just got one...

Walther Goward
    James bond is a understated name. what make's any name is what you attribute to it when you think of that name... james bond.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Harry P. Enis
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Yes, the name 'James Bond' fits rightly on our favourite 00 agent. If he didn't call himself as that, i guess that 007 series wouldn't be the same. If it was another name, simply it wouldn't be James Bond.
    BUT, anyway, if there would be another awesome name, this thread would be the right place for it to exist.
  • if it is not James Bond I doubt it will be as popular now.......when you ask people who James Bond is they know who he is but a different name not really......
    Angus Macgyver
    if it is not James Bond I doubt it will be as popular now.......when you ask people who James Bond is they know who he is but a different name not really......
    It would still be as popular, we would just know the character by a different name. I'm glad that's not the case though! For a 'common name' it sure rolls off the tongue.
    It would still be as popular, we would just know the character by a different name. I'm glad that's not the case though! For a 'common name' it sure rolls off the tongue.

Surely! That's what i said, 'James Bond' fits very greatly on him.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Had James Bond not been his name, it would have been Sir August-Templeton M.J. Delany IV.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Had James Bond not been his name, it would have been Sir August-Templeton M.J. Delany IV.

Lmao.
    i'd imagine his line..

Woman: "So let's go, Mr..."
    007: "M.J Delany IV. August-Templeton M.J Delany IV."

lol
    "Janus" "Hugh Janus" ;) "As i take no ####!!!!!" =))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,450
    Lancaster, Ian Lancaster (the name and midle name of the creater)

Templer, Simon Templer. The name of the Saint
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seriously what next is someone going to start a thread about?

I don't mean to be rude but some people should maybe consider living outside of the world of James Bond, I thought how have you lived like Bond today was bad enough but this takes the biscuit!
    Ivor Bigun or Hugh Jarse would be excellent!
    Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously what next is someone going to start a thread about?

I don't mean to be rude but some people should maybe consider living outside of the world of James Bond, I thought how have you lived like Bond today was bad enough but this takes the biscuit!

If you don't like it, stay out. Think up a better one if you find yourself so superior.