Raymond Benson to Pen New ‘Hitman: Absolution’ Prequel Book

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited January 2012 in Literary 007 Posts: 13,350
Hitman franchise fans will get a new novel this summer, written by James Bond 007 author Raymond Benson.

Benson, who writes under the pseudonym David Michaels, is no stranger to the video game world. His novels Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell and its sequel Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell—Operation Barracuda were both New York Times best-selling books. He also worked with John Milius on the Homefront: The Voice of Freedom game tie-in novel.

Benson’s new book will be called Hitman: Damnation. It will be published by Del Rey, a division of Random House. The story is set between the events in Hitman: Blood Money and the upcoming Hitman: Absolution.

Del Rey has yet to release details on global distribution, but states that the Hitman: Damnation will be in several more countries around the world.

Benson has also worked on three 007 film novelizations, but no word yet on if he’ll work on one for the Skyfall film starring Daniel Craig, Helen McCrory and Javier Bardem.

3228HitmanDamnationCover.jpg

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2012/01/24/james-bond-007-writer-to-pen-new-hitman-absolution-prequel-book/

Comments

I live in the same town as Mr. Benson, and have met him only a couple of times when he taught a James Bond course at my old high school (yes, it was awesome). He is a terrific writer and a very nice person. Looking forward to reading this (after playing the game of course)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    hmmm... I shall have to check this one out.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 401
    bondbat007 wrote:
    he taught a James Bond course at my old high school (yes, it was awesome).
    Why did the high school allow this? Also, what did he actually teach you about James Bond?

In my high school, to fill our fine arts requirements, every two years they hold a two day event called "Odyssey". All students pick their special classes that last around an hour each. Mr. Benson comes in every Odyssey to teach a one hour Bond course. The course covered the basic history including all books and movies. Telling us theories on why Bond has lasted and is still one of the most popular fictional characters. It's a great way for non-hardcore fans to get a great bunch of info they didn't know before. I took it both times (my sophomore year and my senior year) and he answers tons of a questions. Now my little sister is in high school and I made her sign up for it :)
    Nice for him.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,598
    I wonder if his writing has improved since the Bond books. I'm sure it has.

I just realised I've been logged on for the past week. LOL. I keep forgetting to log out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondbat007 wrote:
    In my high school, to fill our fine arts requirements, every two years they hold a two day event called "Odyssey". All students pick their special classes that last around an hour each. Mr. Benson comes in every Odyssey to teach a one hour Bond course. The course covered the basic history including all books and movies. Telling us theories on why Bond has lasted and is still one of the most popular fictional characters. It's a great way for non-hardcore fans to get a great bunch of info they didn't know before. I took it both times (my sophomore year and my senior year) and he answers tons of a questions. Now my little sister is in high school and I made her sign up for it :)
    WHAAAT?! That is the coolest thing ever! I wish my school did that. When I go to college I am determined to make both a James Bond and Sherlock Holmes club.